The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

I stopped on Ultimate Comics Spider-Man 22 and Ultimate Comics X-Men 25. So Right during Miles' fight with Venom and when Jean made her way into the mutant nation Kitty is leading. How far behind am I and what other Ultimate comics are running? Heard the Ultimate Universe is about to finish and I wanted to get caught up. Where is all the stuff with 616 Galactus happening?

The stuff with Galactus was first glimpsed at in the final issue of Age of Ultron, I believe, when the timestream/multiverse broke. There was a 4 issue series called Hunger that served as a prelude of sorts, and now it's happening on the Cataclysm issues (so far, only Cataclysm 0.01, Cataclysm: The Ultimates' Last Stand #1, and Cataclysm: Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #1 have been released, but there will also be a Cataclysm: X-Men and Cataclysm: Ultimates, I believe. Don't know how long these Cataclysm issues will run for).

As for Ultimate Spider-Man, the last issue released was #28 and X-Men was #33.

Mind updating me on what Cataclysm related stuff is out? I find it so freaking hard to keep up.

Let's see, I believe it's this:

Cataclysm 00.1

Cataclysm: Ultimate Comics Spider-Man 1-3 (complete)

Cataclysm: The Ultimates' Last Stand 1-3

Cataclysm: Ultimate Comics The Ultimates 1-2

Cataclysm: Ultimate Comics X-Men 1-2

I believe that's all that has come out. Next week Cataclysm: Ultimate Comics The Ultimates 3 (of 3) comes out.

Ultimates 3 and Last Stand 4 are the ones out now not listed, yes?

Those and X-Men 3, which makes the X-Men portion complete as well.

• Like 1

Cool.

Also,anyone know where I can see what issues are in the 19th Walking Dead trade? I was reading trades but want to switch to issues

Is there a podcast like Fat Man on Batman that does all of comics? Most comic casts I've heard do reviews of comics and that's not really what I want.

Is there a podcast like Fat Man on Batman that does all of comics? Most comic casts I've heard do reviews of comics and that's not really what I want.

I Sell Comics with Mike and Ming from Comic Book Men is pretty good and it's also on the SModcast Network.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bruce Timm's Jean Grey

allnewxmen25timm-e369c.jpg

I love this. I'd love to see him draw all the Marvel characters.

I'm reading Thunderbolts right now (again), and I'm up to 163, which has Baron Helmut Zemo back in the fold. I've checked his Wiki page and other sources, but I can't just believe that Zemo has been absent since the Hawkeye/Trick Shot story. Has good ol' Helmut been up to anything since then?

He's easily my favorite Marvel character, probably because I started reading Thunderbolts when it first launched. It was one of my regular "Chocolate Milk and Comic Book" acquisitions during a time when I would spend two or three nights a week at my dad's place. I used to pick up random stuff all the time if a new issue of what I was reading wasn't out yet. At one point, for me I'd go into the Mac's store and look for new Thunderbolts or Deadpool.

Even then, Zemo is a complex and intriguing character all on his own. The Born Better mini-series was pretty good, and it's impossible to tell what his end-game really is. He will do awful shit for awhile, and then we find out that it was simply to get to the end where he saves the world... but then that doesn't last long as something else happens, and it's just a constant back and forth, trying to figure out if he's the hero that the world needs (hiding behind a mask of villainy) or if he's just an egomaniac that can't decide whether he wants to be loved or loathed.

Man, why does Superior Spider-Man have to end? I fucking love this book and SpOck is the best. Ugh. I really hope we get the Superior Doctor Octopus as a vigilante hero or something. I don't even know how it would work, but man I want it.

Shopping on Amazon for used books.

"missing cover pages clean cover old and rips and faded and dusty and bend still readable"

"Cover pages" instantly make me think or something missing it's cover but this is a hard back book and it also says the cover is clean so obviously it has it's cover still. What exactly is it missing then?

• 2 weeks later...

Reading some old JLA. Superman being blue and all electric is weird.

So I've read a few comics here and there over the years but decided I wanna make a real go of it. Marvel Now looked like a good starting point so got GoG 1-6, Thor 1-6, Iron Man 1-6 and Cap 1-6 on their way. Looking forward to it.

As with most comics, you'll probably want to stick with it for a while to get into it. I didn't think Iron Man was great, but GotG and Thor are two great runs. If you pick up any more, Hawkeye is fantastic.

As with most comics, you'll probably want to stick with it for a while to get into it. I didn't think Iron Man was great, but GotG and Thor are two great runs. If you pick up any more, Hawkeye is fantastic.

I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

I picked up the Superman and Batman Earth One graphic novels recently because the art work caught my eye and got really involved in reading them. Although the two year gaps between release dates are a bit frustrating for those ones.