The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

If you like Hawkeye, go with Fraction's run on Iron Fist. Also, if you're not reading Superior Foes of Spider-Man, do that.

• Like 2

I've talked about this guy before. This is the guy who claims The Crow comic was based on/inspired by him. He uploaded this today. It's going over his whole claim.

So I decided to try and read Justice League 3000, because it sounded like a neat idea.

3 issues in and I think it might be the worst comic I've ever read. I think this is the first time I'm noticing printing mistakes. It's a total WTF case.

I feel like if you like Saga you'd like Chew. Like Saga, it's funny and like Saga it's also pretty twisted and has a habit of killing off characters suddenly.

I read the first trade of Chew and then totally forgot about it. Might have to give it another look. Saga is one of my fave books.

I think you'd like Invincible and the new Nova series. They remind me of Spider-Man's early days (Invincible not so much anymore, but it's still an incredible read).

Christopher reads Invincible so it would probably be easy to get into if I wanted. I read some of it and while it was good I was reading too many books at the time. Is Nova hard to follow if I've never read Marvel Cosmic stuff?

If you like Hawkeye, go with Fraction's run on Iron Fist. Also, if you're not reading Superior Foes of Spider-Man, do that.

I have the first issue of Superior Foes. It's really good! I'm tempted on Iron Fist. Have you read it all? They have the whole thing as a set for cheap on Comixology

0af71282131a3f436ee534742971e23c.jpg

Found this while just googling around. It was made by James O'Barr and Jim Terry(He and Terry were co-artists on some newer Crow books). I would give my left nut for a Crow/Batman story. Set it in it's own universe, have this version of Eric be from Gotham, connect Joker to his and Shelly's deaths and you could have something cool. Well as long as it doesn't feature the Frankenstein looking, gun toting Batman O'Barr wanted to do for DC.

I like the reading and I'm a fan or pretty much anything he reads but I don't quite think it wormed into my head enough for him to become Spider-Man's voice in my head. I always hear 90's animated Spider-Man when I read.

That video clip made me realize that I have no idea where the voice I hear for The Thing comes from because it certainly isn't that.

So after listening to Scott Snyder on Fatman on Batman and enjoying it, I've read through Court of Owls, which I liked, but thought the ending was a bit dumb, and I'm onto Death of the Family, which I'm enjoying. I've got Zero Year lined up after that.

My question is, should I go back and read the pre-Snyder stuff? I generally don't enjoy Grant Morrison, and I'm not sure how involved he is in things like Battle for the Cowl and the Grayson-as-Batman stuff.

Thoughts?

The only good thing in Morrison's Batman was the Dick Grayson as Batman/Damien Wayne as Robin dynamic. Everything else is the same self-indulgent down the rabbit hole nonsense he's been writing for years

• Like 1