The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

I've been re-reading TWD scans in issues so I can switch from trades to issues. I haven't been reading letters though. Once I'm finished I'm going to go through and collect all the letter pages into one big CBR file to read all at once.

Thas very well spend 15$

Chew and Saga are great. East of West is by Hickerman so it should be great to (it´s up for an Eisner Award this year but i only just bought it on the Comixology sale, did not get around to read it yet). Fatal is said to be good as well and what i have read of Revival i enjoyed (i think i only had Issues 1 and 2).

Morning Glories i did not like but i remember a lot people here enjoying it.

TWD simply is a must have. How it all begun (different artist for the first few issues, a lot more cartoony than after 6 or 7 issues) and with Volum 20 you get to read some of the most up to date books outthere.

I also own Lazarus Vol 1. already but i never got around to reading it. :D

The only thing makeing this a better deal would be a comixologie code. (or books i don´t actualy own et >_>)

Really enjoyed Original Sin #0. I don't know much about Sam Alexander, so getting a bit of exposition and backstory for him worked, as did the explanation around who and what the Watcher is and why - nothing new or groundbreaking, but all framed rather nicely.

I'm hoping the series as a whole isn't too focused on the "galactic" side of Marvel, as I'm not hugely interested in that side of things, but I'm keen to see where this is all going and what knock-on effects it could have.

A lot of the more recent Marvel crossovers seem to imply some impending event as a result of increased use of time travel and alternate realities and so on and so forth, and obviously the Watcher plays into that too. Presumably the "every version of Spider-Man" crossover event would also. I wonder what's coming up there.

More Mr.Creepypasta reading Spider-Man. I really liked the Venom voice even if It was so filtered that I didn't even know it was someone I listen to regularly till I read the credits.

Still not digging MCP as Spider-Man much. Liked it better when he did The Question.

DMN, if you have a tablet, or don't mind reading stuff on your PC, PM me.

Also, it's Free Comic Book Day yay! I'm a terrible their so technically every day is free comic book day for me, but yay nonetheless!

There's too many to list a top three of all time without thinking for a long time, but I'll shoot out what I've read in the last few years.

Uncanny X-Force - The Dark Angel Saga

Honestly one of the best things I've ever read in comics, great story telling and quite emotional in parts. To get the best from it you really want to read the two volumes that proceed it (Apocalypse Solution and Deathlok nation). The rest of the series that follows is great too, but you can feasibly end after the DAS. As a long time X-Men fan, this one still managed to surprise me which is rare these days.

Batgirl - New 52

I'm not sure how many arcs I got in from the start of this, but it was consistently great. I picked it up just on hearing good things, I don't read much DC and outside of the Arkham games I didn't really know anything about Batgirl/Barbara Gordon. So yeah, new reader and I really enjoyed it.

Deadpool - Dead Presidents

Probably the most I've enjoyed a Deadpool comic, now that they've stopped putting out like 10 books at a time with him. I was pleasantly surprised, just really fun all round. Genuinely funny at times with plenty of action too.

Oh one more, lets say Planet Hulk which was pretty much the first Hulk story I've really enjoyed. Pretty self contained, a different kind of Hulk story with an interesting selection of supporting characters. I was hooked, I read this whole story in one sitting.

That's a tough one...

Annihilation definitely comes first, everyone's going to have different tastes in heroes, but this is really what set the bar for me when it comes to characters. I adore Marvel Cosmic because of the Abnett and Lanning run at the top and this is what kicked it all off. Brought together the Guardians of the Galaxy, reintroduced Nova as one of the greatest characters in comics and was completely filled with awesome new characters. The best part was that everything felt like it was in danger, because it was basically a reboot of the whole Marvel Cosmic line, so characters that didn't fit with the new vision were very likely to get killed. Not to mention it was just a great story overall. I've seen a few people make comments about not liking Marvel Cosmic, to which I have to wonder if they've actually read Marvel Cosmic, or the sorry excuse for it Brian Michael Bendis is trying to write. It was a tough choice between this and Thanos Imperative, but if I included all the Cosmic stories it'd just a list of the three Marvel Cosmic stories.

Dark Reign/Siege was the first Marvel Crossover that I really enjoyed. I liked Civil War, but felt it was a little overhyped and didn't explore the heroes vs. heroes stuff enough. Secret Invasion was kind of a let down too and I remember it not being a very well thought out story. But I loved Dark Reign, watching the effects of Norman Osbourne as head of SHIELD spread through every comic was glorious (because Norman is wonderful) and it also features some of the absolute best Journey into Mystery and Thor stories. Volstagg, man. Fucking Volstagg. And Siege was a pretty great pay off that featured Norman, Loki and Dr. Doom. That's three of the best Marvel villains all in one crossover!

The Winter Soldier/Ed Brubaker writes Captain America also known as one of the single greatest runs of any comic ever in the whole world forever. I don't think I need to say anything more about this one, it's The Winter Soldier story and what follows it, written by Brubaker. It's that good. If you don't know why it's that good, you should go read it now because oh my god it's so good.

It pretty much turned me around on Cap from thinking he was pretty cool to one of my favorite characters. To be honest the main part of that run is really Bucky Barnes, rather than Cap. If you liked the film (which, come on, that was like the best Marvel film since Avengers at least), you'll love the comics.

I'll be honest, not seen the film. :P

Will give it a try I'm sure. Need to commit to series/arc though, as I keep dribbling around from one comic to the next. I like Thor, so am currently trying to find arcs for him that I'd enjoy.

I'll be honest, not seen the film. :P

Will give it a try I'm sure. Need to commit to series/arc though, as I keep dribbling around from one comic to the next. I like Thor, so am currently trying to find arcs for him that I'd enjoy.

Read the current run of Thor from Marvel Now, easily some of the best Thor stories I've read. Super fun reading and really well written.

I've been catching up on Batman beyond and I love it to death. Dick being a major character, Tim going back to the cave, a new Catwoman, The Justice Lords are in a new story. I would love to see all of unlimited animated. from the first issue all the way to the end of that big Jokerz storyline. I would hope they would redesign the Joker King though

159oZL9.png

That man looks way too lame to do what he does. Ghoul and the Dee Dee twins are better looking Jokerz than him.