The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

It was apparently during the Heroes Reborn arc in the mid 90s.

EDIT:

http://marvel.wikia.com/Iron_Man_(Teen_Tony)

Edited by Cloudy Rocker

Wasn't it before that? I seem to remember during the onslaught crossover directly before Heroes Reborn Tony would have thoughts along the lines of being unsure of himself because he wasn't as experienced as the other Avengers believed ?

Tony was replaced by a teenage version of himself during... The Crossing, just the event I'm almost up to >_>

Spoilers for a almost 20-year-old event:

From what I've read on the Internet, Tony had been Kang's spy in the Avengers for years, kills a couple of Z-list characters like Marilla and Yellowjacket (Rita DeMara), goes insane and he, Kang, Mantis who was later revealed not the be Mantis but instead a brainwashed Space Phantom made to believe he was Mantis and a couple of characters who I believe were supposed to be the Vision and Scarlet Witch's kids, all grown up, but instead turned out to be Space Phantoms as well attack the Avengers and the Avengers and Force Works are forced to pluck a teen Tony, which is the only time they know Tony was not under Kang's influence, to help them. Eventually Tony dies and teen Tony replaces him. That all got wiped out, I guess, with Heroes Reborn, because while it was teen Tony who got transported into the pocket universe Franklin created, it was an adult Tony that showed up.

That's the jist of it, I believe. See why I'm dreading to read it? Damn my comic book completionist side.

Yeah from what I can see even the the whole Heroes Reborn wasn't a massive success, when they brought them all back to the proper continuity it as a great excuse to forget a lot of dumb stuff and give everyone involved a fresh start.

Some of the artwork is brilliant as well. Look at these gems:

thecrossing18.jpg?w=468

thecrossing1.jpg?w=468

That purple thing in the second picture? That's Rhodey. RHODEY. I think he had a bio-armor or something like that, not sure.

You should really just check out this site, it explains the Crossing a lot better than I can.

Yeah, I've read the main story arc before but wanted a jumping in point with enough to catch up on, I figured Civil War was as good a place as any (although I already wished I started with Dissassembled). But yeah, looking forward to it, just wish I could find a good reading order.

So Invincible 110 happened to be sold out and have skyroketing prices on ebay within a week and now 111 happened and holy shit it is the best superhero book i have ever read.

Ultimate Spider-Man talk.

They always made it a Point that who dies in the Ultimate Universe stays dead. I personally think that the series has grown a lot since Miles took over the lead, i don´t need Peter and his Pals back, asides from Kitty they could all stay away for what i care.

I was courius about the All New Ultimates because i liked all the build they did in the USM comics but to be honest the 4$ price point Marvel is bringing these days is something i don´t want to support. (I find it funny that my USM physical subscription that comes with a comixology code is cheaper than simply buying the digital version)

Edited by Herr Matzat

So Invincible 110 happened to be sold out and have skyroketing prices on ebay within a week and now 111 happened and holy shit it is the best superhero book i have ever read.

They always made it a Point that who dies in the Ultimate Universe stays dead. I personally think that the series has grown a lot since Miles took over the lead, i don´t need Peter and his Pals back, asides from Kitty they could all stay away for what i care.

I was courius about the All New Ultimates because i liked all the build they did in the USM comics but to be honest the 4$ price point Marvel is bringing these days is something i don´t want to support. (I find it funny that my USM physical subscription that comes with a comixology code is cheaper than simply buying the digital version)

I think the "Everyone stays dead" thing went out the window a while ago since

Doom has come back to life twice. He died once after he sacrificed himself to the Zombie Universe while carrying a demon inside his body and again after Ultimatum when Ben kills him for causing the whole mess that made Magneto go off his rocker. Now he's alive and well in the Ultimate Future Foundation.

Oh and Gwen died during the Carnage story and was brought back.

And Tony died and came back in one to two issues.

Edited by Kirkland

I think the "Everyone stays dead" thing went out the window a while ago since

Doom has come back to life twice. He died once after he sacrificed himself to the Zombie Universe while carrying a demon inside his body and again after Ultimatum when Ben kills him for causing the whole mess that made Magneto go off his rocker. Now he's alive and well in the Ultimate Future Foundation.

Oh and Gwen died during the Carnage story and was brought back.

And Tony died and came back in one to two issues.

In Ultimate FF #2, Doom reveals that the Doom who Ben killed and caused the Ultimatum was an impostor, and he never died in the Zombieverse. Makes sense, really, that Doom was completely different from Ultimate Doom; he had Doom 616's look, not goat legs.

Also, Gwen didn't actually come back to life, the Gwen walking around now is a clone created by Carnage's absorption of Gwen, isn't she?

I need a good jump in point because I want to start reading comics.

I am already reading the TWD one because i'm fan of the show.

I also found the new Hawkeye volumes which i'm reading. Any other (preferably Marvel but i'm open to others) comics around that are great reads for a lightweight?

Personally a fan of most of the big characters, I'm partial towards Gambit myself through watching the TAS.

Black Widow, Captain Marvel are two pretty good ones. Magneto is fantastic. Thor: God of Thunder is arguably one of the best books out right now. And all four of those aren't currently tying into any other big events, too, so you just need to pick them up. The first three are still fresh, so there's probably not TPB, but you can pick up the first few volumes of Thor.

As for non-Marvel, New 52 The Flash is a really fun read, could also check out Batman or Wonder Woman, both very good.

Thanks TKz, i'll definitely check those out. Luckily those marvel ones are mostly up my alley, never heard of Cpt. Marvel aside from wiki so that's going to be interesting.

Also I heard New 52 are great, so i'll certainly check out those too.

Generally speaking i'm mostly fan of the lesser-mutants and the non-mutants. So I for one am not a huge fan of Superman, because he's... well he's Superman. Same with Wolverine at times.

So yeah, thanks TKz. Others can keep the suggestions running though :)