The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

It can't be that bad, mine hasn't arrived yet, but all of the Original Sin tie ins have been pretty inoffensive thus far. I imagine this is just going towards revealing the new female hero with Spidey powers, which plays a part in what Slott wants to do with the comic anyway.

I too was a little bugged when I saw that Spidey was a tie-in but I guess the tie-ins are doing their job since I'm now going to read the main OS book since at least 3 of my books(Spidey,DD and X-Men) will tie into it.

I too was a little bugged when I saw that Spidey was a tie-in but I guess the tie-ins are doing their job since I'm now going to read the main OS book since at least 3 of my books(Spidey,DD and X-Men) will tie into it.

Oh who cares what you do? You don't actually buy them :P

• Like 1

I buy more Marvel stuff when I have cash if I like them though :P At some point I do want to buy a lot of what I read. But I have no money regularly, know of no place that sells comic books that aren't trades and don't like the idea of buying digital since I want actual comic books.

I don't really have a problem with torrenting comics, I torrent quite a lot of the older ones that would be impossible to read in their entirety.

But the ridiculous amount of money I spend on comics a month helps with that. I'm honestly running out of room for comics. I have two piles laying just in the corner of my room, up to my knees, because I don't have any storage space left. >_>

Yeah, older comics or things I legit can't find are a different story, I don't mind torrenting them if absolutely need be, but I'm a bit old school and just much prefer the feel off a book. Plus I'm ridiculously OCD and prefer tpb's because they just look nicer on a bookshelf. Hell, I've fallen behind spoiler free on Walking Dead because I have the first two Compendium's a refuse to switch to the tpb's. I'd just much rather wait until next October.

I torrent everything, but I also spend a ridiculous amount of money on Trades. When I have extra cash, I usually go crazy and order a bunch of books I'm trying to keep up on, as well as a bunch of stuff that's on sale at the time.

I have this obsessive issue with refusing to pay for something I can't physically have. I understand the appeal of digital for most people, I just can't do it. If I'm going to give someone my money, I want something in my hands, that I own, that they don't reserve the right to take away from me later on.

• Like 1

I actually prefer digital as a reading medium now - it's a lot easier to take all 30 odd issues of a run with me to work for lunch on my iPad - but I purchase the single issues of whatever runs I'm currently reading. Case in point, I just spent like £30 on picking up the first 5 issues of Daredevil Marvel Now and New Warriors, because I read them and want to collect them.

The only currents runs I torrent that I don't buy are the ones Mrs. TKz buys. Or DC. Fuck DC. (except Grayson and Teen Titans) >_>

This is just me personally but I don't think you should torrent anything you could actually go out and buy. Maybe if you live in a country where they don't really import much and it would cost you $20 for a new issue or something but if you have the ability to buy something and you instead do it through torrents that's essentially stealing.

There's no essentially about it, it's stealing. I just don't really mind, I'm paying for a lot of comics already. Anything I download is old stories I otherwise wouldn't have bothered with.

• Like 1