The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

Ultimate FF thought.

Man I find it

extremely hard to take a "The end of the universe is coming and I'm here to stop it!" moment seriously when it comes from Spider-Ham.

Edited by Kirkland

Reading Original Sin 0. Surprised at how different Uatu is than his Earth-X counterpart. I expected him to be a dick.

I'm looking for a pretty good list of inactive characters across comic-dom. I've googled the shit out of it but the only real good lists are stuff like the Ultimate Marvel Universe Handbook ..... from the mid-80's.

Anyone know of something like this ?

Yeah, Dark Knight Returns is awesome. His run on Wolverine was pretty solid. Sin City is okay for what it is. But Frank Miller is kind of a piece of shit and it shows in his a lot of his writing.

Anyway, Seconds, by Bryan Lee O'Malley (dude what wrote Scott Pilgrim) is pretty damned adorable and rad.

And I found a graphic novel called Andre the Giant: Life and Legend at the comic shop. I really wanna check it out.

Edited by Will? Yum.

Which Frank Miller comics do you guys recommend?

Also I've ordered the visual history of the Teenage mutant ninja turtles book. Hopefully it will be fantastic!

Sin City has it's merits if you like really, really gritty and dark stories. But those get pretty boring after a while.

Court of Owls and Hush are wonderful, I'd rate Hush as the last stand of Jeph Loeb's creativity.

I've heard his Daredevil run is good, but what I read of it didn't really appeal to me. I've got Ed Brubakers run of Daredevil as an Omnibus though and that's fantastic if you want to read Daredevil.

I personally haven't read his run on Daredevil, because the character is uninteresting to me. From everything I've seen, it's just a lot of Frank Miller being Frank Miller. You'll either love the guy or hate him. Hush got convoluted at times, and the art style wore on me, but overall it was awesome, and Court of Owls was pretty great too. That's a good, weird three-pack of Batman stories.

Edited by Will? Yum.

Guys! I wanna buy some new comics!

I've still not finished Civil War or Blankets so I wanna keep away from superheroes or super serious stuff.

I've kinda got my list down to either Locke & Key, Sin City or Saga and I can afford to get maybe three tpb's. Do I get the first of each, or do I splurge all on one set?

I'm leaning towards Sin City purely because the 3rd edition covers are amazing.

That's pretty much where I said "well, I'm out!"

If you can live with superheroes though, you should check out the latest volume of Hawkeye, Oliver. It's the most wonderful, lovely comic in all the worlds.