The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

They are getting rid of Peter Parker again? Getting easier to remember why I don't bother reading much

What? It doesn't say that in any of the press releases. Miles Morales is just going to be in 616 as the "main" Spider-Man, apparently. Peter Parker, Spider-Man 616 and his entire history still exist and we already know regular Spider-Man is still around post Secret Wars.

• Like 1

As I understand it, Peter will be a mentor to Miles, but as far as I'm aware they've not stated that Peter is totally hanging up the webs. Personally I hope they just have Peter as the main Spidey and have Miles as his young ward in a classic comic book style.

I don't dislike that idea, actually. It's an evolution for the character, who can only go back to being a loser relying on pics to put food on the table so many times.

I do dislike the costume, though. Seems to me like they're paving the way to their movie version of the suit (probably minus the glowing symbol). But I can live with it.

I'm intrigued by the apparent direction for Parker (and really freaking happy I don't have to give up the Spider). LOVE that Ross cover (though the glowy symbol is kind of ick) and seeing a 'golden age' type of vibe to it all.

Titles leaked/announced for the All New All Different line:

• Carnage by Gerry Conway & Mike Perkins
  • Venom: Spaceknight by Robbie Thompson & Ariel Olivetti
  • Ultimates by Al Ewing & Kenneth Rocafort
  • Web Warriors by Mike Costa & David Baldeon
  • Spider-Man 2099 by Peter David & Will Sliney
  • Spider-Woman by Dennis Hopeless & Javier Rodriguez
  • Daredevil by Charles Soule & Ron Garney
  • Howling Commandos of S.H.I.E.L.D. by Frank Barbiere & Brent Schoonover
  • Amazing Spider-Man by Dan Slott & Giuseppe Camuncoli
  • Silk by Robbie Thompson & Stacey Lee
  • Uncanny Avengers by Gerry Duggan & Ryan Stegman
  • All-New Wolverine by Tom Taylor & David Lopez
  • Uncanny X-Men by Cullen Bunn & Greg Land
  • All-New X-Men by Dennis Hopeless & Mark Bagley
  • Old Man Logan by Jeff Lemire & Andrea Sorrentino
  • Nova by Sean Ryan & Cory Smith
  • Hawkeye by Jeff Lemire & Ramon Perez
  • Karnak by Warren Ellis & Gerardo Zaffino
  • New Avengers by Al Ewing & Gerardo Sandoval
  • Illuminati by Josh Williamson & Shawn Crystal
  • Sam Wilson, Captain America by Nick Spencer & Daniel Acuna
  • Star-Lord by Sam Humphries & artist to be announced
  • Guardians of the Galaxy by Brian Michael Bendis & Valerio Schiti
  • Scarlet Witch by James Robinson and artist to be announced
  • Ms. Marvel by G. Willow Wilson, Takeshi Miyazawa & Adrian Alphona
  • Angela: Asgard's Assassin by Marguerite Bennett, Kim Jacinto & Stephanie Hans
  • Howard the Duck by Chip Zdarsky & Joe Quinones
  • Deadpool by Gerry Duggan & Mike Hawthorne
  • The Mighty Thor by Jason Aaron & Russell Dauterman
  • Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. by Marc Guggenheim & artist to be announced

The previously announced titles are:

• Spider-Man by Brian Michael Bendis & Valerio Schiti
  • Ant-Man by Nick Spencer & Ramon Rosanas
  • Extraordinary X-Men by Jeff Lemire & Humberto Ramos
  • Spider-Gwen by Jason Latour & Robbi Rodriguez
  • Drax by CM Punk, Cullen Bunn & Ed McGuinness
  • Squadron Supreme by James Robinson & Leonadrd Kirk
  • The Vision by Tom King & Gabriel H. Walta
  • Uncanny Inhumans by Charles Soule & Steve McNiven
  • Contest of Champions by Al Ewing & Paco Medina
  • Captain Marvel by Tara Butters, Michele Fazekas & Kris Anka
  • Doctor Strange by Jason Aaron & Chris Bachalo
  • All-New All-Different Avengers by Mark Waid, Adam Kubert & Mahmud Asrar
  • A-Force by G. Willow Wilson & Victor Ibanez
  • The Totally Awesome Hulk by Greg Pak & Frank Cho

There's actually several there I'm looking forward too. Some are missing as well (Iron Man, announced Gamora) so this isn't all of them most likely. Glad Ramos is off the art on Spidey and don't think he's going to do any favors to Extraordinary XMen (and odd choice as that's apparently the new main X title).

Stuff I'll be adding to the sub box and giving a run:

Squadron Supreme

Uncanny Inhumans

Illuminati

Uncanny Avengers

Captain Marvel

Ultimates (GALACTUS!)

On the fence on: Daredevil, the X books (all have aspects that have me interested but all have something making me not sure), Scarlet Witch, Karnak (really want too but just don't know that this is a stand alone book), Dr Strange, The Vision,

Oh my shit. I may think the Spider-Car is silly but that cover is my favorite fucking thing.

Is Secret Wars over?

So basically Spidey is exactly where he should have been nearly a decade ago before Civil War/One More Day happened? I'm okay with that, I just wish it hadn't taken the fucking long route to get there. Spider-Car I'm less happy with, but whatever, it's hardly story-breaking.

Bah, Superior Spider-Man and Amazing Spider-Man were way more interesting than the pre-Civil War stuff. I won't argue that One More Day was stupid, but it's not like it hadn't already been built back up to the level of quality it was, then exceed it.

...You might even say it was, superior.

Anyway, off that list, I'm putting a lot on my pull list. And 90% of what I'm not, Mrs. TKz is planning on getting anyway!

I'm most excited about Dr. Strange, because holy shit, Jason Aaron can do no wrong. Also quite interested in Wolverine (X-23), because Tom Taylor did a pretty great job on Superior Iron Man. Man, I'm going to miss that comic.

Edited by TKzo Amore

Does anyone know anywhere good to get a regular order from online? Preferably delivered bagged and boarded for not much more than cover price?

I really don't like my local store owner and feel he doesn't deserve my business.

With the new launch I may just be able to get back in to comixxx

Thinking I may grab nearly all the new no.1's and see where it goes.

So I got Marvel Unlimited and it is phenomenal.

I started off with all of Avengers Dissassembled and loved (almost) every moment of it, and now I'm using this list to get me through to House of M. I'm just wondering what of that lot is essential reading? I'm assuming everything X-Men/Avengers related because of how important House of M is to that, and I'm planning on reading anything Spider-Man/Punisher/Deadpool related because I love them. But what else is essential and what can be completely skipped?