General Television Thread

Hellfire

4 hours ago, Moses Julep said:

I cannot, for the life of me, get into superhero shows. I like comic books, I like a good superhero movie, but for the life of me that whole formula of:

- Have characters spend five minutes dealing with overarching storyline 

- Villain of the week nonsense for 30 mins

- Have characters conclude by spending five mins with overarching storyline.

really does not work for me. I'm generalizing but it's like blah, which is odd because Buffy and Angel? God bless them. I guess it's a question of better dialogue and super likeable characters. Having said this anyone have good superhero shows to recommend? :shifty: 

They're all shit. I think it's because most are meant to be the strong silent brooding types and because the stories already exist without a sidekick yet lots of introspection - since you can do that in a book or comics. So you either get the character doing all of this voice over exposition of their feelings and motivations or basically rabbiting on at random characters to achieve the same goal yet creating totally ridiculous and unrealistic dialogue and monologues. 

9 hours ago, Quom said:

They're all shit. I think it's because most are meant to be the strong silent brooding types and because the stories already exist without a sidekick yet lots of introspection - since you can do that in a book or comics. So you either get the character doing all of this voice over exposition of their feelings and motivations or basically rabbiting on at random characters to achieve the same goal yet creating totally ridiculous and unrealistic dialogue and monologues. 

I think that's why I liked the Flash. No brooding, lots of banter, silly villains.

• Like 1

Binged Fuller House yesterday and after you get through the cameo/nostalgia fest of the first episode, I thought the season was really entertaining. Perfectly acceptable TV and would love another season, if they could get it. 

Edited by punky
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, punky said:

Binged Fuller House yesterday and after you get through the cameo/nostalgia fest of the first episode, I thought the season was really entertaining. Perfectly acceptable TV and would love another season, if they could get it. 

I totally want another season. I've still got 4 episodes left but I swear to god if she chooses Matt over Steve I'm going to be so pissed.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Forky said:

I totally want another season. I've still got 4 episodes left but I swear to god if she chooses Matt over Steve I'm going to be so pissed.

#TeamMatt

@Maxx Nickelodeon is bringing back Legends Of The hidden Temple... As a tv movie :huh:

10 minutes ago, Lint said:

@Maxx Nickelodeon is bringing back Legends Of The hidden Temple... As a tv movie :huh:

They should just bring back Legends of the Hidden Temple.

I'll take "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" back first, though.

35 minutes ago, Lint said:

It was really exciting for the first eight words of the announcement.

They won't do gameshows like that again, they abandoned their Universal Orlando soundstages and moved production out to smaller studios in Burbank years ago. 

I'm surprised they haven't gotten around to doing Are You Afraid of the Dark? again.  Seems like it would fit in their TeenNick stuff.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tyrone said:

Courtney B. Vance deserves all the awards for his work on American Crime Story. He steals every scene.

This.  Just give him the Emmy now.

http://www.pinotbytituss.com/home

Warning...loud music at link

So Tituss Burgess actually launched his own brand of Pinot Noir

• Like 1