General Television Thread

Hellfire

I saw people posting about that on Facebook last night and had no idea what the hell a Sundance Head was. Apparently he was on a season of American Idol too?

I understand why We lost. Her song choices the last couple of weeks were mostly bad. But Billy got robbed. I thought Sundance had the weakest original song out of the finalists. But apparently he was killing it on iTunes the last couple of weeks.

They had me at Danny Pudi, they sold me at Kate Micucci, David Tennant just sealed the deal

Also, I 've seen this other places, but they need to get Capaldi to voice Flintheart Glomgold

vfSPp1n.png

In "news that will only be news to me" news, looks like season 3 of Girl Meets World may be its last. The season finale is the Boy Meets World cast reunion episode and is titled "Girl Meets Goodbye", and for a short time Disney Channel Canada's website listed it as the series finale. 

25 minutes ago, Menorah Julep said:

The Young Pope is pretty phenomenal, I am surprised no one from the UK has posted anything about it. I've got three episodes left and it is remarkably great.

I recorded it, but I had an issue with my Sky box and had to delete it and a whole bunch of other stuff :(

3 minutes ago, Benji said:

I recorded it, but I had an issue with my Sky box and had to delete it and a whole bunch of other stuff :(

Oh no :( 

Its a pity you cant watch things on the internet :( 

I sat down and watched a couple episodes of Adam Ruins Everything. Real fun show. They're doing a special "Adam Ruins Christmas" episode tonight as well.

Bloody-Disgusting is reporting that TNT's Tales from the Crypt reboot may be dead.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but a source close to the development process is telling me that the reincarnation of “Tales From the Crypt” is in hot water, if not dead altogether (allegedly for months now). What I’m being told is that budget issues has caused the M. Night Shyamalan project – part of TNT’s planned Horror Block, which was to also include “Time of Death” and “Creatures” – to  cease development. This is all of the information I have at this time.

This has not been confirmed as of this writing, so it should be taken strictly as rumor until there’s more information to share. (Shyamalan has always been vocal on social media, so I would expect some sort of response before the end of the week.)

“Tales From the Crypt” was greenlit back in April as they were ramping up an initial 10-episode order of the anthology series that would have reinvented the Crypt Keeper, based on the original EC Comics.

In August TNT president Kevin Reilly said to expect the show in the fourth quarter of 2017.

The project was announced as a new block of terror and suspense that was to be curated by Shyamalan, the Oscar-nominated writer-director of The Sixth Sense, Signs and Unbreakable, and executive producer of the the Fox series “Wayward Pines.”

The block was said to feature both short and long-form storytelling, led by the “Tales From the Crypt” anthology series, executive-produced by Shyamalan, his partner at Blinding Edge Pictures, Ashwin Rajan; Endgame’s James Stern; and Aloris Entertainment’s John Santilli and Dan McKinnon.