General Television Thread

Hellfire

i watched one episode of American Crime Story. Its hard for me to watch anything OJ related, because I watched the whole damn trial as it aired on tv, and was 100% sure he was guilty as sin. As I've said before, if the prosecutors had cared as much about prosecuting him as they did about how they looked on tv, he'd have been convicted.

• Like 1

Figured I would post here a list of the series I am binge watching at the moment since I previously posted about what I should do before adding NCIS to my backlog, the list is ordered by which have least cumilative length of time left to complete watching. As with all shows I am watching them through before watching new episodes, I have a habit of dropping in and out of series and losing track of where I am upto so have started using trakt.tv to stop this from happening.

The Walking Dead, this is something I had never watched any of before and have been binge watching alot of with the intention to catch up to the point where I only have newly released episodes before adding NCIS to my backlog.

Big Bang Theory, this is another show which I am watching through from the start before only watching the new episodes, currently I am upto season 5 and plan to watch alot more of this before adding NCIS.

Ridiculousness is another show that is ongoing and I am trying to catch up with, currently in season 4 and have hit the point where having binged so much I need a break from this before carrying on.

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, having recently started season 2 I still have alot of episodes left to watch but am making steady progress.

JAG, have eased off on watching this since i'm close to the end of season 8 and the introduction of NCIS, will begin binging this after I catch up with The Walking, will watch this alongside NCIS to watch the last two seasons as quickly as possible so as to cut down how much I am binging.

Two and a Half Men and One Tree Hill are two series with alot left to watch and I am probably going to end up doing an all out binge for like The Walking Dead to watch these through quicker, might not do that until I have caught up on some other series.

Power Rangers, this is something I have been watching alot of and although I am still in season 1 I have made good progress, going to have to up how much I watch of this or it will take a long time to ever catch up with, really enjoying the dose of nostalgia it gives me though.

So, finished Santa Clarita Diet. For the most part, I enjoyed it! It was funny, well acted, and had a great premise. But...

I don't like the cliffhanger-ish ending. Plus, at times I feel like the acting/comedy was a bit too cooky/over the top, which is fine in moderation.

Also, I didn't really enjoy the nerd/geek stereotype being played up that much. Felt too 80s/90s for me, and not in the good way.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ruki said:

So, finished Santa Clarita Diet. For the most part, I enjoyed it! It was funny, well acted, and had a great premise. But...

Reveal hidden contents

I just wish Nathan didn't get eaten in the first episode

:( 

• Like 1

Okay I saw an advert for Samurai Jack season five the other day and it looked awesome. I've only ever seen one episode before when I was younger and it must just have been a really bad one (or bad one to watch as an example of the show), not even sure what made me watch the trailer to be honest, but glad I did.

The episode I saw was one where he's wandering around a lot in almost total silence, and I sort of assumed the show was like that in general and it didn't interest me. Think I might have to check it out. Might try and binge it in the next month before season five since it's apparently only 13 half hour episodes per season and 4 seasons.

Unrelated thought - Netflix seems really hit and miss with half hour comedies.

Speaking of, watching the first episode San Clarita Diet at the moment and whilst I'm going to stick with it, it's a little disappointing. I was expecting something a little bit darker and smarter.

Spoiler

Like, seriously, it's an adult themed show, why is someone vomiting a lot considered a joke? And the way it felt like they skipped a fair few steps to "oh she's a zombie" annoyed me too. Also, Timothy Olyphant is a good actor, so why did he look like he was smiling and trying to stifle a laugh when he was cradling what he assumed was his dead wife? o_O

There's definitely something there, but so far it has not found what that is.

I watched the first episode last night too, but I rather liked it. It's getting mixed reviews.

And c'mon

Spoiler

That ending was pretty great. A little bummed that this means no more Nathan Fillion, but "YOU JUST BIT MY FINGERS OFF!" and Joel walking in on Sheila eating Gary was a great way to end the episode, I thought.

• Like 1

San Clarita Diet S1 E1 & E2...

Spoiler

Yeah, just finished it and the ending made me chuckle. Hopefully it's just suffering a few jitters from being a set up episode, not going to judge any comedy show just by the first episode, way too many suck before they get to their full premise.

The boy is definitely the best part of the show so far, on episode two and "ah, the undead equivalent of over-ordering" made me laugh.

And the convo about Gary's balls :lol: This is definitely more what I was hoping for.

EDIT : Yeah, fuck it this is solid once you get past the first episode.

• Like 3