General Television Thread

Hellfire

Hunted is over, and the finale was such bullshit. Because yet again, they twisted to rules to give the hunters the advantage against the final remaining teams....

AND IT DIDN'T WORK! 

:w00t: Both of the final two teams escaped and won the money. But....they had it rigged so that to win, you had to withdraw the prize money from a bank account and run on foot to a waiting plane, with the hunters being alerted when and where the money was withdrawn and that the escape would be by air. Okay, fine. But....the hunters were allowed to use their vehicles to pursue the runners, and that was bullshit. Fortunately, both of the final two teams escaped and won the money.

The rules were so stacked in favor of the hunters that I'm surprised anyone won, let alone two teams. And of of the winning teams was boring as sin to watch. Fortunately, my favorite team, the Wolves, also won.

Better be some rules changes to handicap, not help, the hunters, if there's a second season,

Edited by GhostMachine
spelling error

• Like 4

On 26 February 2017 at 04:34, Benkid Cratchit said:

I can't be the only EWBer that's watched / watching Trollhunters, right? It seems perfect for us. 11 episodes in and it's so fun!

Oh yeah, it's great. I finished it a couple of weeks back and instantly wanted more - once it finds its flow after the first five or six episodes it becomes reliably good with sprinkles of outstanding stuff. I'm excited to see where they go in Season 2, especially without Anton Yelchin (:(

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

Loved the special last night.

If that fat Mexican bloke in red megged me like that he'd be flat on his arse the next time he had the ball.

On 02/28/2017 at 23:09, Asuka's Gonna Kill You said:

Another brilliant episode from Inside No. 9 tonight. Been a huge fan of Pemberton and Shearsmith since back when League Of Gentlemen first came out, they're just knocking it out of the park over and over. Some of the best writing on television IMO.

Yeah, I hadn't realised I'd missed the first one so I need to iplayer it, but the second was brilliant. Just a really good concept sadly not getting the promotion it deserves.

On 02/28/2017 at 23:09, Asuka's Gonna Kill You said:

Edited by Colly

Dark Shadows is so odd, like the first year or so the show is utterly unremarkable  (or atleast from what I've watched) then the Barnabas Collins saga starts and it becomes actually really compelling. 

Edited by WeAreOne

I somehow missed this in December, but Haters Back Off is getting an 8 episode second season on Netflix, which pleases me. Honestly one of the most pleasant surprises for a show I've had in a long time, and one specific scene from the finale (or more specifically, one specific line) is going to be etched in my mind forever. Not for everyone, but a good way to kill four plus hours if you do find you like it.

Did anyone else ever bother watching it?

What a fucking awesome night of TV.

The Last Man on Earth, wow. I mean, if you guys don't know what is about to happen on this midseason premiere, go and watch it now. Just dumbfounded. Might be in my top five TLMOE of all time.

Last Week Tonight had a fantastic main topic tonight. I kind of love when they shine light on stuff that is not American, they did that a lot more in the first season and they should continue to.

Big Little Lies, holy shit. Just a fucking amazing performance in this episode from Laura Dern, and everything else piled on top of it really lit this shit on fire. Wonderful. Also happy I got a double dose of Laura Dern tonight.

Crashing was really good, but I think it tamed a bit from last week's.

Sunday night TV is amazing.

So apparently they made Taken into a TV show. So far I'm not impressed.

Spoiler

Instead of Bryan Mills being a retired CIA operative rescuing his daughter from human traffickers in Paris, Mills is now a former Green Beret who is trying to avenge his sister's assasination by the mexican cartel as revenge for a failed raid in which Mills killed the boss' bother, son, nephew or some other important person. He is also recruited by some special intelligence ops team instead of being a lone wolf. The cartel boss was actually captured alive in the pilot so it seems the rest of the show will be about him and the special intelligence team carrying out one operation each episode. There is no action at breakneck speed like in the movie. It all seems needlesly convoluted in comparison to the film which was very straight forward. And lead actor Clive Standen doesnt hold a candle to Neeson.

God, I just don't think I have time to watch it, even though I've heard it's good. Me and peak TV/wrestling/entertainment is bad enough right now, and this is before the ten-day span in April where Better Call Saul, the new MST3K, Veep, Silicon Valley, and Fargo all premiere.

Which one is that?

Also, @GoGo Yubari I assume you're still way behind / given up on Elementary, right? In which case, I shout into the void:

Spoiler

Kitty Winters is back, she has a child (!), a rogue government agent has arrested Sherlock, and next week's teaser is all "will they solve the crime or.. GET CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE?" [cue scene of Sherlock etc. being shot at in a parking garage]

I'm sure no one's going to die, but my fear is kinda that Kitty will and somehow Sherlock and Watson will wind up with Kitty's baby.

10 minutes ago, GoGo Yubari said:

Yeah, I'm like eleven episodes behind right now.

When you get up to it, I advise skipping "Rekt In Real Life". It's goofy as fuck even by Elementary standards, and probably one of my least favorite episodes maybe ever.