General Television Thread

Hellfire

On 2/19/2017 at 10:31, Colly said:

It was alright but the last few bits were so generic "bad stuff happens if you meddle with time" and the ending was lazy. The journey itself was decent.

It was better than Under the Dome at least...

Under The Dome's ending was utter shit, and was completely different than the book. But then again, the series as a whole was a lot different than the book.

I'm kinda obsessed with Bar Rescue these past few days. Like I realize, probably staged, blah blah blah, Jon Taffer's an asshole, blah blah, but man.. it's really easy to binge the shit out of this show. 

So I gave the That 70s Show first episode another shot yesterday, and typical 90s laugh track overuse and stupid pot smoking circle aside, it's not as bad as I remember and was actually decent, so I might try giving it a proper shot. Question though, does Jackie ever get less annoying? Cause Christ, Mila Kunis' voice grates on me like hell as it is let alone with the rest of her characters' personality, and if she's going to be a Janice the entire show then I'm going to rethink ever bothering.

• Like 1

She'll get a bit less annoying Benji. I like that 70's Show a lot. Own every season on DVD, don't like season 8 that much though. But hey, Hyde and Red are awesome! 

Going to watch everything of Spartacus this time around. Time to wrap that one up!

• Like 1

On 2/22/2017 at 16:44, LarsLars said:

I just got every episode of Hercules: The Legendary Journey. Might watch it later this year! Used to watch this a lot as a kid. And I just found out! Bruce Campbell is in it!

Bruce also played the same character on Xena a few times.

Also, found out from an article I read about an interview that one of the teams did that the show Hunted it is rigged as hell in favor of the hunters, if it wasn't already obvious. There are plenty of rules in place that the viewers weren't told about, but the most telling is `The producers can change or get rid of existing rules or add new ones at any time', a.k.a. `We can fuck you over any time we want'. That's bull.

The reason no team stays in one place long? They're not allowed to stay in one spot for more than 48 hours, have to travel at least 5 miles a day (or was it 5 hours? I forget.) when on the move, and can't go back to a place they've already been. (Which is why no team has gone back to stay with a friend that the hunters already visited) Also, they're not allowed to accept money from anyone, and can't accept more than $30 in gifts. That last rule was added after something happened that was left off the show: One team (one already eliminated) had friends, on two different occasions, buy them 15 burner phones.

Edited by GhostMachine

Regular Show Season 8 Episode 27

Spoiler

Damn, it suddenly hit home that this is coming to an end :( I love all the meta stuff they are doing with this, I think that kind of stuff is what I'll miss most when I'm done. Even the Eileen "I wish you had a bigger role" was nail in the head for me.

Only four episodes left :(

First episode of Gap Year (UK) is pretty decent. Sean and May are definitely my favourites so far (and the Aisling Bea and Janeane Garofolo cameos were great too). Crashing was pretty good as well. Hoping High Maintenance is good and packs out the trio of new comedies I wanted to watch.

These Conan on location specials are always good. Got high hopes for this one - I hope it's as good as the Cuba special.