House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

2 minutes ago, Benji said:
  Hide contents

Interesting point. I wonder if this is going to be what finally snaps Jamie on Cersei. He's going to realise that she doesn't even care about him, just power.

Spoiler

When Dany takes Kings Landing and she tries to blow it up with Wyldfire... it seems so fitting because Jamie would have to go through it again and we know she's willing to do something like that already.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Azazel said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

From Reddit:

qoSj8Ts.png

iW3wMsI.png

6uFxuNK.png

9aU7ewl.png

VFHLYa9.png

OSm6vE9.png

3iO99qQ.png

13 minutes ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:
  Reveal hidden contents

From Reddit:

qoSj8Ts.png

iW3wMsI.png

6uFxuNK.png

9aU7ewl.png

VFHLYa9.png

OSm6vE9.png

3iO99qQ.png

Spoiler

The horse made it the most obvious, but I did have to watching it 3-4 times because of the low quality leak and my fear of Bronn dying.  I said while reading Book 1 that if anybody was still going to be alive at the end of it all, it would be Bronn, so I was extra terrified.

2 hours ago, Benji said:
  Hide contents

Interesting point. I wonder if this is going to be what finally snaps Jamie on Cersei. He's going to realise that she doesn't even care about him, just power.

re: Jaime/Cersei dynamic

Spoiler

I've had a prevailing theory for a while now that Jaime won't be the one to kill Cersei. When Daenerys inevitably takes Kings Landing, Cersei will opt for a trial by combat as one last act of defiance and obviously choose Robot Mountain as her champion, while The Hound challenges and defeats him. Ties up both stories full-circle and fulfils the 'little brother' prophecy which has largely been a red herring until that point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nerf said:

Hide contents

I've had a prevailing theory for a while now that Jaime won't be the one to kill Cersei. When Daenerys inevitably takes Kings Landing, Cersei will opt for a trial by combat as one last act of defiance and obviously choose Robot Mountain as her champion, while The Hound challenges and defeats him. Ties up both stories full-circle and fulfils the 'little brother' prophecy which has largely been a red herring until that point.

Spoiler

Oooh that's an interesting idea. But I also think it sort of removes Jamie's big moment too. I like both though, and Jamie can always redeem himself some other way.

On 8.8.2017 at 02:11, Joshu Picchu said:

IMG_6988.GIF

I'm so over Lady Mormont. When she first appeared in the show it was fun and cute to have this 9 or 10 year old child who acts like a total badass and seems to be wise beyond her years. But recently everytime I see her speak up and school all the other Lords at the meeting of Jon's forces it takes me out of the scene. There is no way that all these Lords who have been in their positions for decades would listen to what this 10 year old child would have to say. I know this is a weird thing to get hung up about in a show that has dragons, ice zombies, a cult of assassins who worship death and who can alter their appearance via a combination of magic and using their victim's faces like masks and witches that can summon smoke demons from their vaginas but it does bug me.

Edited by Hellraiser
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Nerf said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

I think The Mountain will die to The Hound in a battle, not a trial.  Beric and Thoros will probably be involved too, but that could just me holding on to Beric saying the War of the 5 Kings cannot end until he kills The Mountain

16 minutes ago, Hellraiser said:

I'm so over Lady Mormont. When she first appeared in the show it was fun and cute to have this 9 or 10 year old child who acts like a total badass and seems to be wise beyond there years. But recently everytime I see her speak up and school all the other Lords at the meeting of Jon's forces it takes me out of the scene. There is no way that all these Lords who have been in their positions for decades would listen to what this 10 year old child would have to say. I know this is a weird thing to get hung up about in a show that has dragons, ice zombies, a cult of assassins who worship death and who can alter their appearance via a combination of magic and using their victim's faces like masks and witches that can summon smoke demons from their vaginas but it does bug me.

It's a powerful house and they still recognize that, regardless of a 10 year old being in charge. It helps that she was one of the few to help Jon Snow initially too so they know her words carry weight for him so they should for them too.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hellraiser said:

I'm so over Lady Mormont. When she first appeared in the show it was fun and cute to have this 9 or 10 year old child who acts like a total badass and seems to be wise beyond there years. But recently everytime I see her speak up and school all the other Lords at the meeting of Jon's forces it takes me out of the scene. There is no way that all these Lords who have been in their positions for decades would listen to what this 10 year old child would have to say. I know this is a weird thing to get hung up about in a show that has dragons, ice zombies, a cult of assassins who worship death and who can alter their appearance via a combination of magic and using their victim's faces like masks and witches that can summon smoke demons from their vaginas but it does bug me.

IMG_6989.GIF

• Like 8

Spoiler

I have a theory about Jaime's eventual death. While I think he'll be the one to kill Cersei, I remember a scene in which, when asked how he would prefer to die, his response was something along the lines of "In the arms of the woman I love". The obvious suggestion, therefore, would be that he'll die in Cersei's arms, but I'm wondering if they'll actually end up being the arms of Brienne, the woman he truly loves.