House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

7 hours ago, Azazel said:
  Hide contents

At the Siege of Pike the first two to breach the castle were Thoros and Jorah.

I loved so much about this episode and it was a nice slow down and build between big episodes.  Gendry is back and that is great but then ending with The Ranging of one of the most badass groups of people possible with Jon, Tormund, Gendry, Jorah, Beric, Thoros and The Hound (I'm still a big fan of Beric from the books).  All these loose ends are coming together so well and Sam was like 2 seconds from finding out about Jon's parents.

Other highlights are how Jon and Gendry talked to each other exactly like Ned and Robert used to, Tormond being Tormund and setting up what could very likely be Bronn havning to get the hell out of King's Landing and hopefully saving the last Sand Snakes and Yara.

Wait a minute, something just clicked in my head

Hide contents

If Rhaegar's marriage was annulled and he was secretly married to Lyanna that actually makes Jon a trueborn Targaryen.

Married in secret is a gray area, but if that's true Jon is first in line to the Iron Throne. Who that's alive would know this? Howland Reed? Bran?

Re: Damshow's spoilers

Spoiler

Howland would know that Jon is the son of Lyanna and Rhaegar, I don't think he'd know they married in secret, it's never been clear exactly how much detail Lyanna told Ned at the Tower of Joy, I would guess 'not a lot' due to her injuries etc.

36 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Re: Damshow's spoilers

Hide contents

Howland would know that Jon is the son of Lyanna and Rhaegar, I don't think he'd know they married in secret, it's never been clear exactly how much detail Lyanna told Ned at the Tower of Joy, I would guess 'not a lot' due to her injuries etc.

Spoiler

Ned knew, and I'm sure Howland knew as well.  Sam gave the book to Craster Jr. so I'm sure it will come back into play.

8 hours ago, Gazz said:
  Hide contents

I can't wait for the Dany / Jorah conversation

D: So, how were you cured?

J: A maester by the name of Samwell Tarly.

D: Tarly?

J: Yes, his father owns lands in the Reach. A fine military commander.

D: Umm....

Tell that man we have a castle with his name on it!

Benji, Heidi and I laughed bigtime when that line came up. :)

Regarding the show:

Wonder how Sam is going to feel when he finds out he's the last Tarley?

I'm betting Jamie's discussion with Tyrion plus some other things that have been building up between last season and this one are going to eventually lead to Jamie betraying Cersi. And I don't necessarily mean him killing her, but I'd love it if that happened. (I've a feeling he won't be the one to kill him. It'll probably be...nobody.)

12 hours ago, Benji said:

Best episode in history.

Hide contents

Gendry is back and he is an absolute fucking badass :wub:

Guess all that rowing helped him build muscles to pick up that weapon.

Spoiler

As soon as I saw Davos in Fleabottom or whatever it is called I knew Gendry was going to pop up. The way they were cockteasing us showing the blacksmith stuff... lovely. And I'm so happy he said those words.

And also smashy smashy head man.

And the little exchange between Gendry and Jon was nice. 

4 hours ago, Benji said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I just realised how weird it is that Cersei wouldn't believe in the army of the undead when her big Mountainy protector is undead and now that bothers me.

Spoiler

I'm not sure she doesn't believe it, she just doesn't want to give Tyrion the satisfaction.

• Like 1