Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, loved Ant-Man. Although I'd say they didn't let Paul Rudd just be Paul Rudd enough. Michael Douglas stole the show and I'm not really a huge fan of his. Could've done more with Evangeline Lilly, her character has major potential, but I suppose that was the point of the story. Bring on Civil War!

• Like 1

Yeah Michael Pena absolutely killed it. 

I enjoyed it too. Probably in the middle of the Marvel spectrum but closer to the top than the bottom. It will be interesting to see what direction they go with the sequel. 

Edited by livid

There are 13 MCU films right now, right? Out of all of those, how many have been bad? Iron Man 2, Dark World and for some Hulk? Getting like 80% of your film franchise to such a high level of entertainment is okay with me, that even saying Ant Man is in the middle isn't even a bad thing against it. Ant Man is like right below Thor for me in terms of enjoyment, probably on the same level of fun as Iron Man 3 and First Avenger.

In my opinion, they still haven't made an outright bad film (I'm higher than most on The Dark World and Iron Man 2...though the latter is really only because Sam Rockwell is the best) so it wasn't meant as an insult, just giving some context on where it stands for me. 

12 if I'm counting correctly.

3 Iron Man (great, meh, okay)

2 Cap (okay, great)

2 Thor (okay, meh/bad)

2 Avengers (great, not seen)

1 Hulk (okay)

1 Guardians (great)

1 Ant-Man (not seen)

Edited by livid
  • Like 1

I thought Dark World had its moments, but overall it was a very "meh" movie.  Thor though I loved.  It seemed to really embrace the idea that Thor itself is ridiculous

In press for Terminator: Genisys, Alan Taylor said that the final film was a lot different than the one he thought he'd been shooting. Marvel does a lot of post-production/editing changes so that's not surprising but it sounds like he had a different take in mind than the one we saw. 

• Like 1

In press for Terminator: Genisys, Alan Taylor said that the final film was a lot different than the one he thought he'd been shooting. Marvel does a lot of post-production/editing changes so that's not surprising but it sounds like he had a different take in mind than the one we saw. 

I think Eccleston basically confirmed he had a lot of his character stuff cut too, and I'd say he was definitely the weakest villain we've had yet, so I wouldn't be surprised. But it doesn't really seem like Taylor had the same spark other Marvel directors have had. I mean, Thor and Kenneth Branagh was such a perfect fit. 

I mean, Thor and Kenneth Branagh was such a perfect fit. 

This so much. Thor is still probably my favorite film of Phase 1.

I read so many things that say Thor is one of the weakest movies of Phase 1.  I freakin LOVE Thor.  One of those movies I'll sit and watch anytime its on

• Like 1

Thor 2 was redeemed by Loki and the final fight scene with the worm holes and junk, that might be one of my favourite action scenes in the MCU so far.

For me, in order it's...

Cap 2 > Guardians > Avengers 2 > Iron Man 3 > Iron Man 1 > Avengers > Ant Man > Hulk > Thor 1 > Thor 2 > Iron Man 2 > Cap 1

I actually kind of like Cap 1 because I'm a sucker for Captain America in WWII stories in any medium. Also I love scenes of Cap waking up in the present day(the Avengers:Earth's Mightiest Heroes episode when he was found is still one of my faves of that cartoon).

I'd likely go:

Cap 2 = Guardians > Avengers 2 = Avengers > Iron Man 3 > Ant-Man = Thor = Iron Man > Cap 1 = Thor 2 > Iron Man 2 = Hulk