Sign in to follow this  
fourstarfizzle

The New Kit Thread

redcurrant_8player_large.jpg

New Arsenal kit.

Meh, doesn't look too bad.

That picture is in the Mail on Sunday...in black and white. How frickin dumb can they be?

On the plus side, I like the kit. Can anyone actually read the writing around the badge?

Guest Leeleemu

Is it just me, or do Leeds seem to be going from one crap kit maker to another since they got relegated?

brentfordkits2.JPG

The new Brentford kits for the upcoming season. They're doing a deal of £40 for the pair so I'll probably go and pick them up when they're available.

Guest Leeleemu

whats the deal with that, it just needs a horizontal line of red and it will look like a more dedicated england strip then englands at the moment.

Rangers design and Manufacture the Kits with Umbro having only a little input. They are only really there as a second sponsership as Diadora were.

The design will be by Rangers' marketing team trying to sell these Kits to the English/England supporting Rangers fans which there is probably a fair amount of, for reasons I'm sure most of you know.

Similar idea to our Tangerine (NOT Orange) Top that was out a few years back, which was merely a tribute to our Dutch contingent, nothing else. :shifty:

Edited by Viper.

redcurrant_8player_large.jpg

New Arsenal kit.

Meh, doesn't look too bad.

That picture is in the Mail on Sunday...in black and white. How frickin dumb can they be?

On the plus side, I like the kit. Can anyone actually read the writing around the badge?

I really think the Leeds kit looks Old-School, If only Old School was good, I dont mind the home kit but im not liking the away kit, I have a strange liking to Arsenals new shirt

Spurs are wearing a pair of boots and going topless ?

index.php...ost&id=8051.jpg

SPURS HOME

Edited by The Slickman

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

The Echo probably made a mock up by using leaked information and Reeboks latest template, simple mistake to make.

I have noticed how difficult clubs find it to make a new kit when its mainly just 1 plain colour, I especially notice it with Liverpool kits, sometimes its as if they have 2 designs for each that they keep rotating year after year.

Ones I like:

Crystal Palace Away. No longer shall CP look like some peice of crap yo-yo league team in THOSE shirts. Simple and easy on the eyes.

Ipswich Home. Looks very nice...I don't know why I like it. :\

Newcastle Home. Not keen on the golden letters, but the rest of the strip looks nice and smooth, and a nice change from the barcode.

Wigan Home. Again, a nice smooth one, which looks quite unique with the vertical lines AND the chest panel.

Wolves Away. Dark and sexy.

Rangers Home & Away. I'm loving the new away strip especially after the peice of shit they had last season (looks like the Sunderland strip). The home one looks much better too without the red bits.

Liverpool Away. I think I just like the curved bits at the sides.

Ones I hate:

Arsenal Home. I assume it's based off of one of the very oldest designs, but it just looks so bland.

Aston Villa Away. It looks like a 'warning' sign.

Man City Away. Wow. It looks like three or four seperate shirts swen into one.

WBA Away. That is a hideous colour selection.

West Ham Home. It looks EXACTLY the same as old ones, which weren't nice to begin with.

Celtic Home. It looks near identical to the old strip, which has always looked bad. The badge in the middle looks better though, but still, it's just another hooped top that looks the same as every other one.

Scotland Home. Whoever said it looks nice is clearly blind. It looks like they had two ideas, then just said 'fuck it, let's have half and half'. It looks atrocious:

scot_preview.jpg

And they've taken away the white lines at the shoulders.

NEWKIT1.jpg

Almost exactly the same, apparently.

I think it's slightly different to that, as this is an official promo shot of the new kit:

index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=8083.jpg

As you can see it has the big white parts on the rib area.

I think the Celtic one looks pretty sexy. Much better than the old one. I'd imagine that's what Darlington's strip would look like if they were sponsored by Nike. Except black and white hoops instead obviously.

Are ManU releasing a new away kit? I haven't bought an away shirt in years but I might if it's any good.