WWE 2k15

The Buscher

In all fairness, even if 2K hadn't confirmed that roster leak was fake... I find it incredibly hard to believe that they would put in NXT stars, yet completely omit Adrian Neville, Paige, and Emma for Aiden English and Enzo Amore sans Colin Cassady. Especially since they said the cutoff is after Wrestlemania this year.

Just read bits on the caws.ws forum and I realised why I struggle to read/post on other forums. They're a weird bunch on there.

Anyway, interested to finally see some footage. Still not going to hold my breath, I'm expecting the same sort of gameplay with better graphics.

Well, CAWS.ws is one of those places, the "WWE 14 by D!v@Luvver02 - AJ Styles pins John Cena to win the WWE Title on his RAW Debut" "Great diary, dood!" type, the "Those cocksuckers at EWB have banned me for NO REASON. Why is making 12 accounts called TheGrog against the rules?" kind. So...

• Like 3

Yeah, Greg Miller is annoying as hell. I'm just glad we don't have to deal with Cory Ledesma as the official WWE Games rep. I felt like he rarely gave you any real information, just pretty much talked in circles. I do feel for Cory though because he was pretty clearly laid off once 2K took over. He just makes random wrestling related tweets now and has made zero references to working anywhere else.

I quite like Greg Miller. He can get overexcited at times, but he clearly loves his job, and his enthusiasm always shines through in his writing and podcast work. Even if he can be a little over-the-top, he's more endearing to me than all the games journalists/critics who act as though their contractual obligations are the greatest burdens known to humanity.

• Like 2

Image floating around the interwebs now, supposedly an off-screen image from a convention of some sort. More or less just works out to people with too much time on their hands:

BuDp0KTIQAI21Ru.jpg

Pretty clearly bullshit. The giveaway would seem to be that they have "Langston" even though he's just been Big E for months. Would find it very hard to believe that they've completed updated Ambrose, etc. but they couldn't bother to change Big E's name. Whoever made this just blatantly took the superstar pictures from WWE.com. They did bother to put the new WWE logo in though so credit to the creator for at least trying to make it convincing.

Seeing it just makes me hope Sami Zayn really is in the game. :(

So this went up on IGN earlier, and it sounds pretty promising. Link.

Year on year, Yuke's has consistently found ways to make their WWE games more dense and feature complete, and from the first details we've gotten on WWE 2K15, that trend is going to continue. Let’s take a broad overview of just what you can expect from this year's outing in the squared circle – both on last-gen and current gen – starting with the new story mode, 2K Showcase.

Last year, WWE 2K14 electrified with its sprawling campaign mode, 30 Years of Wrestlemania. 2K15 is looking to tell a more focused, up-close-and-personal story than the broad historic view offered in 2K14. 2K Showcase will be broken up into two episodes, each one focusing in tightly on an epic rivalry from the WWE’s past. Think of them as mini-documentaries of a sort. Could it be Rock vs Austin? Undertaker vs Kane? 2K hasn't spilled the beans just yet, but rest assured we'll be the first to know, and when we do, so will you. If the excellent 30 Years of Wrestlemania was any indication, though, the authenticity of the presentation will make these rivalries a treat to play through.

In addition to reliving these golden WWE memories, you'll finally have a true, discreet career mode for your created wrestlers in MyCareer. This mode has been lifted from NBA 2K14 and adapted to the WWE environment. While I didn't think the mode had the right synergy with the NBA, the WWE seems like a logical place to apply it. Imagine replacing all those cheese-ball, amateur hour characters and cutscenes with authentically voiced and mo-capped WWE Superstars. You get the picture. Exact details of the mode are still forthcoming, but we do know that it will be on the current-gen version only. Sorry, 360/PS3 stalwarts.

No matter what version you play, though, you'll get to enjoy the fruits of Visual Concepts' involvement. Over 50 days worth of motion capture sessions went on at 2K's state-of-the-art mo-cap facility, where WWE Superstars spent hours getting their signature moves digitally recreated. All told, WWE 2K15 features five times (FIVE TIMES! FIVE TIMES!) the animation data of 2K14. Thankfully, just as much effort has gone into improving the way the game sounds, the color commentary in particular. Over four times as many lines were recorded this time around, which should go a long way towards spicing up what has consistently been one of the franchise's presentational low points.

So that's what you can expect in terms of new features and modes. As we get more face time with the game, we'll be diving in deeper on many of these additions, and of course, bringing you footage and detailed impressions of how things differ once you're actually in the ring. Be sure to head here regularly for a steady stream of new IGN First content on WWE 2K15 throughout the month.