WWE 2k15

The Buscher

HHH/HBK is understandable given their mega-long, year/career spanning history, but likewise, I have no real desire to play it. But conversely, playing the 2011 Summer of Punk storyline would be fantastic, but it does seem odd that they'd chose to have that as one of the storylines. Let's be honest, Punk has been gone from WWE since what, Jan 30th? Granted he had a contract still for a while after, but it was a hell of a long time ago. They must have started making that storyline wayyyyyyy before he left, basically the day after 2k14 came out.

I think I'd prefer to play the whole 434 Days of Punk's title reign though, instead of Cena/Punk which is only a small part of it (though I guess it'll involve the New Nexus/Cena stuff too). With the title reign option, you get everything from pipebombs, to MITB, the two world titles, Summerslam with Nash/Del Rio, and then when it kicks in you'll have everyone from Jericho, to Bryan, to Ryback, the Shield and The Rock.

All the clothes look a million times better; but the general attention to detail is astounding. The veins in his arms, the far superior lighting effects, even the way the ropes and the arena look behind - I thought the picture looked good before, but the comparison really highlights the step up.

Yeah, but the pre-release game footage of Watch Dogs and what it looked like when it was released was miles apart, so any screenshots, even rendered in game need to taken with a pinch of salt.

All the clothes look a million times better; but the general attention to detail is astounding. The veins in his arms, the far superior lighting effects, even the way the ropes and the arena look behind - I thought the picture looked good before, but the comparison really highlights the step up.

Yeah, but the pre-release game footage of Watch Dogs and what it looked like when it was released was miles apart, so any screenshots, even rendered in game need to taken with a pinch of salt.

But that was because of changes in development and Watch Dogs being announced something like 2 years before the release... and it got worse before it was released, somehow. 2K have said that they are legitimate in-game screenshots and 2K seem to be pretty genuine with that stuff (see NBA 2K14 + whatever else), and it's only a few months until the release of the game, so they should look pretty close to how the screenshots do.

• Like 1

Apparently the two showcase feuds are HHH/HBK and Cena/Punk.

Not sure if it's legit, but pretty pumped if it is.

IGN have now confirmed this, along with more potentially coming via DLC.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/08/11/wwe-2k15-featured-rivalries-for-2k-showcase-revealed-ign-first

I'm curious to know when they say "33 matches", do they mean 33 per story, or 33 matches in total for both stories?

I'm guessing that the reason they went with Punk/Cena for a launch story is either because WWE are hoping that fans will still be wanting to 'see' Punk in a WWE enviroment by October and the game will be the only way to get that, or that WWE either expect him to be back in the WWE by then or to have showed up elsewhere (ie. Japan, TNA, indies, whatever), so then people will turn to the game to get their Punk fix.

WWE aired a CM Punk documentary the day he officially stopped being an employee.

Stop acting like for some reason WWE is completely whitewashing CM Punk and hate his guts in every possible way. It's still business, CM Punk is a huge name and they know that among the WWE gamers CM Punk is a huge fucking deal.

Business is business, CM Punk is money even when he's not wrestling for them.

• Like 2

I imagine Rock/Austin will be one of the DLC showcase modes... I mean, they've got plenty of material to work from with that.

With the 2K Showcase mode being in the game, I suppose that means we can anticipate arenas like Armageddon and SummerSlam 2002 both being in the game. We'll probably see Money in the Bank 2012 for Cena/Punk as well... although I don't know if that stage is too different from the one they use for Money in the Bank currently, so maybe not.