WWE 2k15

The Buscher

Not the best picture quality in that video, but given it's recorded by camera, I'm not worried, especially given the screenshots we've seen.

Orton's entrance looked really good, and the gameplay looks to be improved too. Getting very optimistic for this now.

A lot of the moves and reactions look a fuck ton better, there's no denying that at all.

The flow of gameplay is always going to have those moments where it looks like the animation should've been earlier or later, but that's down to the player and it really works out for the better because if you don't do it like that you run into instances where the user's character reacts to nothing in the air (hugging at the air when going for a grapple) or the user's timing is thrown off because he's forced to wait for one animation to end.

I think it looks amazing. My optimism was properly placed.

That looked all kinds of clumsy because the dude playing was awful, but everyone's proportions were much improved. I see now what they mean about things just being off before. And a few times, when moves weren't being spammed, collision looked good. It also seemed to just have more of a slow, natural pace to it. It kinda looked like King of Colosseum with a bit more fluid animation. I'm down for that. That dude ate a dick, but yeah, I'm excited to see 2K dudes show this game off properly.

Yeah, I was a bit worried when reading the story posted yesterday about "how the game is different and you can't hit a big move right away", and then Randy Orton starts the match with a fucking powerslam. But it did look a lot smoother. As mentioned, I'd prefer to see an official video, instead of some clown skipping through the tutorials as it's filmed off a TV.

Also for what it's worth, IGN posted a new video/trailer today. It's nothing special though; it's a "First Look at John Cena", where the same Orton vs. Cena head to head screenshot scene is set up, with the camera moving around the scene (and no motion from the wrestlers/arena), sort of like a "photo mode".

Dude prob got tired of being yelled at for spaming the irish whip.

• Like 1

Watched the gameplay video, the AI is idiotic (unless it was both humans in which case don't let idiots play your game and tape it for the internet), the collision detection is still wonky, and despite a big deal being made about building your way up to big moves, the first move out of the gate is a Patented Powerslam from Orton.

All hot air again, a pretty package that is empty on the inside.

I'm pretty sure both wrestlers were human-controlled in the video. The first move was a powerslam because the guy playing as Cesaro ran at him and he countered. I imagine the CPU is likely going to go for the collar and elbow virtually every match and not just run straight at you.

I think my favorite bit is the fans in the front row standing up as soon as Cesaro gets thrown to the outside.

I'd say it's too early to tell either way. It looks gorgeous, the animations have definitely improved, and I understand that the two people playing didn't know what they were doing, but it still looks... stiff?

I dunno, these games are great at having a two-week appeal, hence why they review decently, but I'm not going to know if it's any good until I play it for awhile.

Here's another video that came in, this one shows Cena's entrance and Orton's again. The guys playing are worse than the last video but it is what it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9nvqUln-Qk

Probably the most interesting thing of note is the MASSIVE character selection screen. Lots of spaces, 92 according to the comments. If the roster was actually that large it really would have pretty much everybody important from the current roster and even NXT possibly. It's probably just a placeholder graphic for the demo, though.