Robin Williams reportedly dead

Lint

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTllG2KdPMQ

I think that I will watch some Robin Williams this week.

I always loved him as a child, Alladdin, Hook, Jumaji, Flubber and the list goes on. :(

Also, I feel the need to leave this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99Op1TaXmCw

I actually have no idea how I would break this to Stokerina.

Do both of you have Facebook?

1): Put a video of cats being cute on your feed

2): Tell her to go check out the video of cats on your feed

3): Let her discover it via someone else

4): Walk away blame-free.

You're a git. :shifty:

I had to wake her up and tell her before I left for work, so that she would have someone to hug when she found out. If it weren't already obvious, she has a tendency to take deaths of her favourite celebrities really hard - and Robin Williams is literally her favourite of all time.

This made it worse when I gently told her "there's been a celebrity death that will make you really sad", and she immediately guessed some of her nearly-most-favourite names (e.g. Anthony Hopkins), but not him. Ouch...

But yes, she demanded hugs and will probably spend the rest of the day watching his movies now.

• Like 2

Absolutely gutted. Day ruined and it isn't even 8AM yet. One of the all-time great comedy actors that became such a respectable straight actor as well. Good Will Hunting, Dead Poets Society and Good Morning Vietnam are amongst my favourite films and Hook, Flubber, Jumanji and Mrs Doubtfire were childhood favourites. I've got a soft spot for Bicentennial Man and One Hour Photo as well. I am not reading any further into it than "found dead" because from the looks of things the circumstances are leading to something very depressing, I'm going to skip all that for now.

One of my favorite standup bits of his:

One of my favorites

hate to double post...but

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/conan-obrien-found-out-about-robin-williamss-death-duri-1619916339

As news of actor Robin Williams's death spread Monday night, Conan O'Brien was wrapping up his show, which would air a few hours later. When Conan learned what had happened, he took a couple of minutes before the taping finished, and broke the news to the audience.

"I'm sorry to anyone in our studio audience that I'm breaking this news," a visibly emotional O'Brien said. "This is absolutely shocking and horrifying."

Andy Richter and guest Will Arnett also reacted and remembered Williams.

"He was an amazingly kind and generous person, and it's got to be a terrible time for his family, and our thoughts go out to them," Richter said.

"As funny as he was, he was truly one of the all-time greats," Arnett said. "He was even better as a person."

You're a git. :shifty:

I had to wake her up and tell her before I left for work, so that she would have someone to hug when she found out. If it weren't already obvious, she has a tendency to take deaths of her favourite celebrities really hard - and Robin Williams is literally her favourite of all time.

This made it worse when I gently told her "there's been a celebrity death that will make you really sad", and she immediately guessed some of her nearly-most-favourite names (e.g. Anthony Hopkins), but not him. Ouch...

But yes, she demanded hugs and will probably spend the rest of the day watching his movies now.

Your 'break it to her gently' move was to play Guess Who's Dead? My word.

Spookily I was randomly watching the last half hour of Night at the Museum last night, presumably as the news was breaking. Very sad.

• Like 1

Reminds me of The Watchmen anecdote.

Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed, life is harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. The great clown Pagliacci is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears."But doctor" He says, "I am Pagliacci."

I don't really know how to react, he was probably the first actor I ever knew as a kid to be one of my favourites, and learning that he died of suicide upsets me more than I can say. What an amazing man he was. Every story I've ever heard about him is positive, every anecdote told about him made him sound somehow more than human. This is a guy who, when people recognised him but were too shy to say hello, would go up to them, make them comfortable and make them laugh. This is an amazing man that's died today, and whilst the world seems a little darker without him, it's a hell of a lot brighter because it had him in it.

• Like 1

Terrible news to wake up to. :( I loved Jumanji and Bicentennial Man as a child even though I haven't seen either in over a decade. Same with Mrs. Doubtfire and Hook. As an adult, his stand-up comedy has sided with me - especially when he competely took over the show when he was a guest on Inside the Actors Studio. God damn it, this sucks so much.

Behind the laughter lies the most tormented souls... He battled inner demons for years, yet still he made us laugh. Respect. He took the only solution that he could see at the moment, and I won't judge him on that. May you and your soul rest in peace Robin.