Summer Transfer Window Thread 2015

Rich

• Admin

Newcastle have made the Northampton teenager Ivan Toney their fourth signing of the summer. The 19-year-old striker has signed what the Magpies described as a long-term deal and will initially work with Peter Beardsley’s development squad.

Sunderland have signed the France midfielder Yann M’Vila on a season-long loan from the Russian club Rubin Kazan. The Premier League side have an option to make the deal permanent next summer, with the 25-year-old becoming Dick Advocaat’s fifth summer signing. M’Vila spent last season on loan at Internazionale but only made 12 appearances for the Serie A side. He follows Jeremain Lens, Younès Kaboul, Sebastián Coates and Adam Matthews into the Stadium of Light.

James McCarthy and Kevin Mirallas are close to ending uncertainty over their Everton futures by signing new contracts.

Arguably the biggest flop in PL history. 

:lol:

Classic Nerfing or you being serious?

He was brought for over 50 million. Came in and was pretty much absolute shit (and don't let the assist stats fool you). Had a bit of a tough time and at the first given chance upped and left. Taking into account the fee, wages and talent, he's without a doubt one of the biggest flops in the league. 

• Admin

di Maria has had his say at a news conference in Paris:

"Firstly it wasn't just my decision to leave, if I left it was also because they decided to sell me. They agreed. The three parties agreed, me, Manchester United and PSG agreed the deal," he said.

"Things didn't go well at Manchester United for various reasons but it's in the past."

"I'm really very happy to be here and I'm happy because I know my wife and child will be happy here too."

James McCarthy and Kevin Mirallas are close to ending uncertainty over their Everton futures by signing new contracts.

McCarthy's signed a new five year deal and Mirallas looks set to follow suit.

Would really like to see Arsenal pick up a big name signing. I'm feeling they are still a little off the front runners, and they need that final piece to their puzzle. That and replacements for Kos and Coq if they get injured. 

McCarthy's signed a new five year deal and Mirallas looks set to follow suit.

Hahaha, this keeps happening this window. We want to sign someone, then they realise they're getting nothing better than Spurs, and then sign a new contract with their current club. 

• Like 3

Arguably the biggest flop in PL history. 

Shame it didn't work out but at this stage no issue what so ever with him leaving. Clearly didn't want to be here and that was obvious months back when he started trying to use the burglary as an excuse. 

You know, I can imagine being burgled in a foreign country being quite a traumatic experience. There's no reason why he shouldn't be stressed or anxious as a consequence.

As observers, we're unfathomably distanced from what really goes on. It's unwise to suggest that we can see into his mind and know whether he was "trying to use the burglary as an excuse". He's a human being with thoughts and feelings. Not a piece of meat with a price tag dangling around his neck.

• Like 6

• Admin

Franco Baldini has agreed a severance package with Tottenham Hotspur and the sporting director will leave the club after the transfer window closes on 1 September. The Italian has been working this summer to sell a clutch of players who were signed on his watch and, in the end, he has paid for the collective failure of those who were bought with the £86m that the sale of Gareth Bale realised. Baldini arrived from Roma in the summer of 2013 – the one in which Bale’s world record switch to Real Madrid was eventually sanctioned – and he oversaw the purchase of seven players for a total of £110.5m, including Érik Lamela, who followed him from Roma for a Tottenham record £30m.

Of the seven, Christian Eriksen and Nacer Chadli have been hits but Baldini has moved on three of the misses so far this summer – Vlad Chiriches, Paulinho and Étienne Capoue – and he is attempting to sell a fourth, Roberto Soldado. Chiriches joined from Steaua Bucharest for £8.5m and has left for Napoli for £4.5m; Paulinho, the £17m signing from Corinthians, has moved to Guangzhou Evergrande for £10m and Capoue, who cost £11m from Toulouse, has gone to Watford for £6m.

Soldado has played no part in pre-season and he and Tottenham want to arrange a transfer, possibly to Spain, where Villarreal are interested. Mauricio Pochettino, the manager, said on Wednesday that Soldado remained a part of his plans and that the striker had missed the trip to Germany for the Audi Cup because of a back injury. But the preferred solution is to sell him, and that will be one of Baldini’s last tasks at the club. Lamela is expected to stay but he has much to do to justify the fee that was paid for him.

Baldini’s remit when he arrived at Tottenham was essentially to be the head of recruitment but when Pochettino pushed for the appointment of Paul Mitchell from Southampton last November as the head of the recruitment, it was not difficult to read the tea leaves. Pochettino was previously the manager at Southampton and he worked well there with Mitchell.

The pair have overhauled the recruitment and scouting at Tottenham, adding a number of new faces, including Rob Mackenzie, who joined from Leicester City and is effectively Mitchell’s No2. Baldini has been squeezed out, and left to concentrate on outgoing deals.

Spurs are in advanced negotiations with Lyon over the 21-year-old forward Clinton N’jie. The Cameroon international, who is quick and shows a good touch, is valued by the French club at £15m.

Yeah apart from Chadli and Eriksen, the rest have been awful. It's only fair that somebody takes the fall for that as it couldn't be Levy's fault given his tendency to play blinders!

Edited by TCO
  • Like 1