End of the Year 2015

RPS

3 hours ago, El-D said:

Do you know Spraynard?  It was one of their shows, in their hometown, so everyone in the crowd was friends and knew all the words and they had a cookout afterwards.  Great fucking show.  One of my favorite memories of being in some random's basement.

Love spraynard! They were one of my fave sets at fest this year.

On 11/23/2015, 4:56:37, Rich said:

The Teenage Bottlerocket and the Beach Slang records are top

So glad I got to see TB just before their drummer passed away.

I will add Foxings "Dealer" and The World is a Beautiful Place and I am no Longer Afraid to Die's "Harmlessness" as top albums for me in 2015

Yup, I've seen the TBR release get a lot of bad press, but it's probably my favourite record of theirs not called They Came from the Shadows.

dudes be sleepin' on the new Vanessa Carlton album. It's pretty fucking great.

I didn't know so many people liked Beach Slang, that's awesome. I just randomly got their album and I'm quite pleased with it. Some others I really liked are Earl Sweatshirt's I Don't Like Shit I Don't Go Outside, A$AP Rocky's At.Long.Last.A$AP, Death Grips' Jenny Death, Young Fathers' White Men Are Black Men Too. Really disappointed in Tyler, The Creator's Cherry Bomb, and I didn't like too many tracks off of Action Bronson's Mr Wonderful.

I feel like I need some other genres of music to cleanse my pallet. Hip-Hop has dominated my iTunes this year. I just can't find much "rock", or whatever, that I like anymore. Honestly, I haven't even listened to much new stuff this year. I think I'll check out some of the stuff you guys liked :P

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

The aforementioned A$AP Rocky, Kendrick and Sweatshirt albums are all great but Summertime '06 by Vince Staples might be my favorite rap album of the year. 

I liked the Jamie XX album a lot too.

My best of year would have to be Currents by Tame Impala though. Even if it's a little overlong, I haven't had an album hit me like it did in a long time. 

Peripheral Vision by Turnover takes my number one. Such a progression from Magnolia, been the soundtrack to my entire year.

Turnstile, Tommy Boys, Foxing, The World Is..., Pet Symmetry, Julien Baker, Superheaven, all big contenders too. It's been a great year!

EDIT: The Jamie xx and Kendrick albums too, woof.

Edited by Max_UK-XT

I think everyone owes it to themselves to listen to Matthew Good's cover of Kate Bush's Cloudbusting from his album that came out this year. The only thing I can find on YouTube is the demo version so I'll provide a link to the Spotify player for anyone with an account to that.. you'll also be able to find it on most other streaming sites.

Regardless... the emotion in this version of the song is way over the top and watching it live was one of the highlight's of my year.