Fire Pro Wrestling World

Liam

Just had my first match playing as TAKA Michinoku vs. Okada - had a really fun back and forth that I eventually won after 15 minutes after trading finishers and some reversals. Can't wait until creators start publishing stuff and we figure out who does the good edits - glad there's Fighting Road in the meantime.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Apsham said:

Just had my first match playing as TAKA Michinoku vs. Okada - had a really fun back and forth that I eventually won after 15 minutes after trading finishers and some reversals. Can't wait until creators start publishing stuff and we figure out who does the good edits - glad there's Fighting Road in the meantime.

I’m gonna need you to play more and share more stories until I get through work and can play. Entertain us with tales, Apsham. Tales!

42 minutes ago, Meacxico said:

I’m gonna need you to play more and share more stories until I get through work and can play. Entertain us with tales, Apsham. Tales!

Started the story mode - really goofy slideshow cutscenes about you entering the Dojo and competing in a two match tournament for a possible place. Nagata, Super Strong Machine and Tana judge you. 

I think this will be a great intro for people who don't know a lot about New Japan just because every will time someone shows up for the first time they get a good little bio.

After every match you get points to put into training, maybe unlock some moves and then move on to the next chapter. Loving it so far, gives a fun reason to play matches when you're tired of just doing exhibitions.

Oh, you all. :wub:

Just had a sixteen minute slugfest against Juice Robinson, as who else, Shibata. I kneed and kicked lil' Juice's face red.

I thought things were about to go bad for me, when Juice reversed an irish whip which sent me flying into and knocking out Red Shoes. I got up and he attempted a suplex, but I flipped out of it and hoisted his ass up for a GTS just as Red Shoes was coming to to get the pinfall.

I'm in love already. :D

I'm now setting up a Landmine Deathmatch between Chaos (Okada, Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI, and Goto) against L.I.J. (Naito, SANADA, BUSHI, and EVIL) because why the hell not.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Liam Mk2 said:

What's the best way to kickout in this game?

Some people say mash the X button (on a PS controller), others say hold it. Then others say wiggle the analog. I'm clueless in that respect. 

I literally pushed, wiggled, and clicked every button on the controller and that did the trick.

But yeah I’m sure there’s gotta be an easier way. :shifty:

I always pressed X rapidly on the old game. I don't think the controls are any different, are they?

if it works like Fire Pro Returns, and I'm pretty sure it does, to escape a pin you press or hold X.

It's also recommended to start pressing after two, when the ref's hand is up, because that will help boost your Spirit.

• Like 1

You don't have the stats to climb the turnbuckles when you start, otherwise you'll fall when you start - if you're talking about Fighting Road.

Otherwise it's towards the buckle and MEDIUM (X).

3 hours ago, OctoberRaven said:

if it works like Fire Pro Returns, and I'm pretty sure it does, to escape a pin you press or hold X.

It's also recommended to start pressing after two, when the ref's hand is up, because that will help boost your Spirit.

The manual says tap - but consensus is in the earlier stages that holding will do it for you. Another post in the Steam forum said that someone watched the code working behind the scenes and noted that you'll gain back health while tapping during a pin.