Sign in to follow this  
Benji

Whose music do you listen to the most?

Benji    39,749

I'm not just talking band, but which member of multiple bands do you listen to the most?

For me it's the guys from blink-182 - there's obviously that band, Angels and Airwaves, Boxcar Racer, +44 and The Transplants all of whom I listen to on something of a regular rotation, and blink and +44 alone I listen to more than almost any other bands.

VerBlood Drive    8,218

Not sure. Probably Johnny Thunders? Figure the Dolls, Heartbreakers, Gang War, and his solo stuff. 

Probably more but I'd have to really look at it.

Jericode    3,953

In terms of individual person I'm not really sure, I can't think of all that many people who've jumped between bands.

Maybe Mike Shinoda? Between Linkin Park and Fort Minor I listen to him quite a lot.

Naitch    1,603

3 - Toh Kay of Catch 22, Street Light Manifesto and his solo work.

4 - Marco Hietala of Tarot, Nightwish, Delain and Northern Kings.

5 - Chad Gilbert of New Found Glory, Shai Hulud, Hazen Street, International Superheroes of Hardcore and What's Eating Gilbert?

If you take producer credit into account too then Chad Gilbert, Blink-182's Mark Hoppus, and Goldfinger's John Feldmann are massively responsible for a good chunk of my music library.

For sheer hourage probably Kim Deal (Pixies and Breeders...Also Amps but never listen to them).

Second most these days probably Andrew Falkous of McLusky and Future of the Left.

Also, there's no Pixies without Kim Deal.

• Like 1

VerBlood Drive    8,218

Shit, can't believe I forgot this one, but Jello Biafra. You got Dead Kennedys, Lard, Guantanamo School of Medicine, an album with Nomeansno, work with D.O.A., The Melvins, Mojo Nixon, and his spoken word. He's been an active dude.

• Like 1

Rich    14,937

Historically Biffy Clyro

Nowadays.... You Blew It!, specifically the front man Tanner Jones.  He is a lovely man.

VerBlood Drive    8,218

I do notice there are a ton of guys that had good bands and good solo careers (or a second band) worth following. Iggy Pop, Lou Reed, Nick Cave, Shane MacGowan, David Johansen, Stiv Bators,  and others. 

Actually McGowan is a good shout for the Nipple Erectors, Pogues (duh), and the Popes. 

Oh fuck, another REALLY OBVIOUS one for me. Billy Childish, holy fuck has he got a discography. Pop Rivets, Thee Headcoats, Thee Milkshakes, Thee Mighty Ceasers, Black Hands, and work with Holly Golightly. I used to listen to him a lot, probably should do that more as I was a huge fan at one time.

RPS    11,523

Probably Damon Albarn, Joe Strummer or Frank Ocean. 

GA!    10,405

Chino Moreno - Deftones, Team Sleep, Crosses, and Palms.

=BK=    8,368

Oh, I was going to say I listen to The Birthday Massacre more than anything but this complicates it.

I guess it's Rob Thomas? Matchbox 20 and solo stuff. It's gotta be him or Rob Zombie with White Zombie and solo stuff.

Outside of them in narrows down to Michelle Branch because she has a few songs with Carlos Santana along with her 3 solo songs I like and Skye Sweetnam because I love one of her old solo pop songs and I love her metal band Sumo Cyco.

And then I'll listen to any collaboration or solo song Victoria Justice does which amounts to quite a few songs I guess.

This is hard. Most of the music I like doesn't see people starting a bunch of different good projects.