Summer Transfer Window 2018

Lineker

Would it though? Liverpool's system is built around dynamic high-insensity pressing and Shaqiri only moves when it's a free kick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would point at Ross Barkley and remind you that paying £15m or less for a player is not necessarily good value if he's going to be doing fuck all.

Not saying that Liverpool would treat Shaqiri like that...but there is the risk of leaping too eagerly onto a transfer just because it happens to not cost a million-billion pounds.

14 minutes ago, stokerino said:

I would point at Ross Barkley and remind you that paying £15m or less for a player is not necessarily good value if he's going to be doing fuck all.

Not saying that Liverpool would treat Shaqiri like that...but there is the risk of leaping too eagerly onto a transfer just because it happens to not cost a million-billion pounds.

It's a much better option than our current choices we have to fill in for our wide players which is...well no one. 

Lallana is more suited to centre mid rather than out wide, which leaves Chamberlain really who's gonna be out for a few months. Ings and Solanke ain't really quality options off the bench either. 

5 minutes ago, MadJack said:

Shaqiri is the kind of signing Liverpool fans would've been livid about under Roy. I get that it's a vastly improved Liverpool team compared to then but surely there are young players coming through the ranks that could've done with the place on the bench?

A big criticism though of Liverpool is that they don't have depth on the bench, so having an experienced and talented attacker like Shaqiri there who can come on and make a difference is a big upgrade on someone like Danny Ings or Dominic Solanke.

Shaqiri is still only 26 himself.

54 minutes ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

A big criticism though of Liverpool is that they don't have depth on the bench, so having an experienced and talented attacker like Shaqiri there who can come on and make a difference is a big upgrade on someone like Danny Ings or Dominic Solanke.

Shaqiri is still only 26 himself.

That's fair enough. Still, if I'm Harry Wilson for instance I'd be wondering if and when I'm going to get an opportunity. He was really impressive on loan at Hull last season and should be looking to make the step up.

• Admin

Marcus Edwards will seek a move away from Tottenham this summer, having reluctantly accepted that his chance of a first-team breakthrough under Mauricio Pochettino has gone.

Arsenal are close to signing the 17-year-old midfield prospect Yacine Adli from Paris Saint‑Germain. They have offered him an initial three-year contract, although it contains options, after he rejected professional terms at PSG – much to the French club’s dismay.

Reading have confirmed the signing of experienced defender John O'Shea. The 37-year-old will sign a one-year deal when his contract at Sunderland expires on July 1.

Sky sources understand Rangers have agreed a fee with Brighton in the region of £3m for defender Connor Goldson. Personal terms are still to be agreed and a medical still needs to take place. Rangers are also close to agreeing a season-long loan deal for Liverpool midfielder Ovie Ejaria. The deal should be completed next week. 

• Admin

Liverpool have been told there is no chance of sealing a deal for Lyon playmaker Nabil Fekir before the World Cup. “The deal is at a standstill, there is no way forward," president Jean-Michel Aulas told the Ligue 1 club's official website. “The deal will certainly not be closed during the World Cup and I don't think there will be any change before the World Cup. We haven't set a price tag because we haven't discussed this (Fekir's transfer) yet.”

Tottenham have cooled their interest in Crystal Palace forward Wilfried Zaha, according to Sky sources. It is understood that the north London club are not prepared to meet the player's current valuation. 

West Ham are in talks to sign Lazio midfielder Felipe Anderson, according to Sky sources.

Liverpool midfielder Ovie Ejaria joins Rangers on season-long loan after extending his contract at Anfield.

Juventus have activated the €40m clause to make Bayern Munich winger Douglas Costa's move to Italy permanent. The 27-year-old initially moved to Turin on loan for €6m last summer, with a €40m option to buy.

On 06/06/2018 at 23:12, MexicoJack said:

That's fair enough. Still, if I'm Harry Wilson for instance I'd be wondering if and when I'm going to get an opportunity. He was really impressive on loan at Hull last season and should be looking to make the step up.

If there's two things that are clear its Klopp wont stand in a players way if they want to go and he is all for giving youth players a chance.

1 hour ago, Hobo said:

If there's two things that are clear its Klopp wont stand in a players way if they want to go and he is all for giving youth players a chance.

1) Demonstrably false. Klopp stood in Coutinho's way when he originally wanted to go to Barcelona, Caan wanted to go earlier but has not moved. 

2) He doesn't appear to be doing that as much now, other than Trent AA and potentially Solanke, he hasn't really given youth a chance at Liverpool in the last 18 months or so.