Summer Transfer Window 2018

Lineker

12 hours ago, Lineker said:

Man Utd have rejected a Barcelona bid of £45m + Yerry Mina and Andre Gomes for Paul Pogba.

Laughable offer mind. No way we're letting him go for less than what we paid for him.

Mina's value would have increased since signing, but how many games has Gomes actually played for Barca? Seems they've been trying to flog him for a while now.

13 hours ago, stokerino said:

Thibaut Courtois was meant to be in attendance at the Community Shield yesterday, and was meant to report to training today.

He has done neither of these things. 

So, three days before the end of the English transfer window, after saying all summer that he wanted to wait before talking contract extensions, when he could have just said in May "hey Chelsea, I really want to be back in Madrid so I won't be extending", he's effectively gone AWOL.

What a Sol Campbell.

I'm all for bringing in a replacement and letting him rot for a year at this point.

The trouble is actually getting a replacement. Everyone and their mother will know how desperate we are for a new keeper so any transfer fees will probably double if we ask, and I'd still sooner have a gutless, unmotivated Golden Glove winner between the sticks than two of the biggest World Cup blundering goalies of all time.

52 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Laughable offer mind. No way we're letting him go for less than what we paid for him.

Mina's value would have increased since signing, but how many games has Gomes actually played for Barca? Seems they've been trying to flog him for a while now.

He's played a lot of games, tbf. He was on their starting XI for most of last season (16/17 I mean), although It's true he lost his spot this season and ended up playing less and missing out on a world cup spot, too. Mina, of world cup fame, has played half a dozen matches the whole year though, 

2 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Marca are reporting that Mateo Kovacic is close to sealing a season-long loan deal to Chelsea.

Yes please.

Kovacic - Jorginho - Kante (or whichever way round you'd arrange them) seems quite a tasty midfield three.

I wonder if there's a real danger of the likes of Pogba and Courtois getting sold after the Premier League window shuts. 

Spurs linked with 16 year old Shamrock Rovers keeper Gavin Bazunu for €200,000.

He's obviously stupidly young but the lad has been playing first team football and has looked like an absolute superstar doing so. That's very rare for a goalkeeper. If he goes a few inches in the next year or so then I'm very excited for him!