Summer Transfer Window 2018

Lineker

Barry Douglas should be confirmed early next week and Matej Vydra has been photographed in Leeds. I still think we'll be a couple of players short (league one Liam at centre back doesn't fill me with confidence) but signing last seasons championship top scorer and joint top assistererer is a huge step forward

2 minutes ago, Gorka said:

Andre Ayew has gone to Fenerbahce on loan.

Another day, another expensive Swansea signing being loaned instead of sold.

Ah, following the Chelsea model.

Me neither.

Can't decide if it's more likely we end up with the likes of Butland, or if it's such a mess that Courtois ends up staying and leaves on a reduced fee in January (or for nothing next summer...).

On 26/07/2018 at 13:43, Jerazil said:

Newcastle have agreed a deal for Mainz's Japanese striker Yoshinori Muto.

If we don't start calling him 'The Shining Wizard', we deserve relegation.

Just now, Lineker said:

Looks like you're getting Alfie Mawson too.

At minimum. Still a few irons in the fire, but a transfer window that grabs us Seri, Mitrovic, Fabri and Schurrle doesn't look too bad so far. Still a thin squad, so need some more players for definite.

Not that it really matters in the long run, but looking at the team we have compared to the team we had when we went down is an interesting thing...