WWE 2K19

Owen

31 minutes ago, KingofHarts_OH said:

Can someone tell.me who all is eligible to compete for the Cruiserweight Championship? Did they fix it to where Chad Gable can compete for it?

Adam Cole, Akira Tozawa, Ariya Daivari, Bobby Fish, Cedric Alexander, Chad Gable, Daniel Bryan 10, Drew Gulak, Finn Balor(& Demon), Jack Gallagher, Gran Metalik, Hideo Itami, Johnny Gargano, Kalisto, Kyle O'Reilly, Lince Dorado, Mustafa Ali, Noam Dar, Oney Lorcan, Pete Dunne, Rey Mysterio, Roderick Strong, Sin Cara, TJP, Tony Nese & Tyler Bate

Edited by theshadow
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, theshadow said:

Adam Cole, Akira Tozawa, Ariya Daivari, Bobby Fish, Cedric Alexander, Chad Gable, Daniel Bryan 10, Drew Gulak, Finn Balor(& Demon), Jack Gallagher, Gran Metalik, Hideo Itami, Johnny Gargano, Kalisto, Kyle O'Reilly, Lince Dorado, Mustafa Ali, Noam Dar, Oney Lorcan, Pete Dunne, Rey Mysterio, Roderick Strong, Sin Cara, TJP, Tony Nese & Tyler Bate

Edit: Good thing they fixed Gable and Sin Cara.

Edited by KingofHarts_OH

Managers are psuedo-playable.  You need to go to edit attire, select the manager, and then uncheck the box that says "save as alternate attire" - doing that then saves them as a custom superstar instead.  You still have to assign moves, music, etc. and edit their attire if you want and they do take up a CAW spot, but it's a good way to add Zelina, Drake, the Singh Brothers etc into the game without downloading a full-on CAW.

Okay, no. The WrestleMania 30 triple threat is reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally the worst. God fucking damn it takes ages to do, and I got RIGHT to the end, but Orton broke up the submission about a second before Batista was going to tap, Bryan rolls out the ring, Orton hits the RKO on Batista for the win. Urgh. Horrible. That was something like my tenth attempt as well.

10 minutes ago, Owen said:

Okay, no. The WrestleMania 30 triple threat is reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally the worst. God fucking damn it takes ages to do, and I got RIGHT to the end, but Orton broke up the submission about a second before Batista was going to tap, Bryan rolls out the ring, Orton hits the RKO on Batista for the win. Urgh. Horrible. That was something like my tenth attempt as well.

Ah, the way they really wanted to finish that match.

• Like 4

A nice touch with the commentary this year is that if they're in the middle of an explanation or an anecdote that gets interrupted by calling a move or something, they'll go back to it by saying "you previously mentioned..." and things like that. It's a small thing, but it's pretty neat.

Really feels like there's a huge difference in this year's gameplay with overalls. Beating a low overall guy seems pretty easy as say, John Cena, but if it was the other way round, it'd be much more of a hill to climb. Never really noticed this being a thing in previous game, but it really comes out here.

• Like 1

AJ Styles, Ric Flair and Charlotte cards, is it not? I've seen the WWE 2K19 Styles card in a few matches I've had the past two days or so - haven't seen the other two yet. I believe they're Summerslam 2018 tier. But you get two of each so you can pro them.

21 hours ago, Owen said:

A nice touch with the commentary this year is that if they're in the middle of an explanation or an anecdote that gets interrupted by calling a move or something, they'll go back to it by saying "you previously mentioned..." and things like that. It's a small thing, but it's pretty neat.

Agreed, especially on the ring entrances. I think a lot of it has to do with Corey Graves and the way that his lines are structured. Usually by now I'm already tired of the commentary, but when it's not Jerry Lawler spouting the same inane lines over and over again, I can at the very least tune it out.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KingofHarts_OH said:

Not to be greedy, but if anyone has the Wooo Edition of 2k19 and doesn't play SuperCard, could you send me the QR codes? I would forever be grateful!

6 hours ago, michael7376 said:

Yes we would be thankful if you dont play supercard and would like to share the Qr codes!

123ABC1098ZYX

Youre welcome

• Like 2

On the subject of commentary, don’t ever have a match with Tyler Bate. I heard about how he entered the UK tournament at 19 and how most people his age were on social media or something about 4 times in the same match.

That aside, what little I’ve done so far has felt different to previous years. Hopefully I can keep up the interest/enthusiasm for longer than usual.

• Like 2

For anyone that's playing this on PC, does it look exactly the same on low texture quality compared to high? I changed it because the globe in the WrestleMania 33 arena was being glitchy and thought it was to do with my graphics settings (it wasn't, same thing happens even on low), and I'm sure it looks exactly the same...

I started picking up CAWs to fill out my 205 Live roster for Universe. Buddy Murphy (whose absence is still just mind boggling) and Mark Andrews were the first two, and then I found a sweet Maxwell Jacob Friedman as well. He's a little over 205, but I'm going to roll with it and have him be a cruiser to start, and then maybe move him around later.

EDIT: I am running tournaments to decide who goes into Universe mode as Champions for each brand, and I'm doing the Universal Title tournament for RAW right now. Rollins beat Elias in a competitive, but obvious win. Then I played as Strowman against Dean Ambrose, and I had him down to purple body and dark red head damage... he took the fight outside, so I choked him out on the floor with the Standing Head and Arm Triangle, rolled him into the ring, and got caught with Dirty Deeds. I kicked out, managed to hit the Running Powerslam, but Ambrose somehow managed to kick out. I went for the Running Powerslam again, but he reversed it. I reversed out of the Dirty Deeds, and then he rolled me up for the win. Very fun match, no reason to complain really. I would have won if I took him into the ring for the Triangle, or if I did it again instead of the Powerslam.

Where I did end up getting frustrated though, is in a match between Brock Lesnar (me) and the Undertaker. I hit him with seven F-5's, loads of the Triple Powerbomb and Suplex City signatures, and countered the Tombstone three times into one of my own. He kicked out of EVERYTHING. His head damage was grey. I don't think I've ever seen that. I'm probably going to have to nerf his attributes to better reflect where he should be at. I'm terrified that if I don't lower his stats, that he's going to be unstoppable in Universe.

Edited by Gabriel