WWE 2K19

Owen

• 2 weeks later...

Someone in my family is probably giving me this for Christmas, mostly cause I never have any ideas of what I want so I usually wind up getting a few video games since they're easy, and since they know I like wrestling I figure this'll probably turn up.

I mean, I'll feel guilty if someone spends the money on a game I'll play for no more than a month but what can you do?

The Career mode seems fun, at least? I haven't played it (the last WWE game I played was either '15 or '16) but from watching bits and bobs on YouTube and Twitch it seems like that's fun. Going from the indies to NXT to the main roster etc.

So my brother and I did a Universe Draft, eaching making creating divisions for our own shows. We would simulate to the PPVs and when it's your own show, you pick who you want to wrestle as. It has been super fun. One show we did, we would end the match by being like "that might have been the most fun match I've played," only for the next match to top it.

We had an epic match between Pete Dunne and Aleister Black for the US title. We have had a three match PPV series between Samoa Joe and The Miz, which has been excellent. Cesaro just beat Mustafa Ali for the IC title, however the ref counted three even with Ali's foot on the ropes. One of my favourite stories has been Braun vs. Finn. The first match was a squash, which was annoying for my brother who wanted Finn to win. The next month, we did a Hell in a Cell and despite being thrown off the cell, Braun stormed back and won retained the title. Over the next month, Dolph cashed in his Money in the Bank and beat Braun, setting up a triple threat. Finn finally got the win, but Braun had to be taken out of the match for him to do so. That's where we've left off. 

• Like 4

I was given this for Christmas as expected.  Enjoying it so far, though I'll probably end up stop playing after a month or two as usual.  So for that reason I tossed in 5 bucks for the accelerator so I could unlock legends since so many CAWs require them.

The Universe Mode import feature they hype as some amazing new thing though is a total bust though.  Universe mode already pulled any changes you made to stats, moves, skills, entrances, etc.  The only new stuff is that if you start a new Universe it'll pull the face/heel alignments and default attires from your game.  A cool feature sure, but not anything that took a long time to fix when you started a new Universe.

The stuff that actually did take forever was having to manually recreate all the teams you made for exhibition mode, including setting their entrances, victories, etc all over again.  So of COURSE they make it so teams still can't be imported into a new Universe mode.  That's just so dumb.

• 3 weeks later...

Ladder match AI is apparently really rubbish. I managed to win a match (as Taker) against Lesnar in about a minute on legend difficulty. I instantly grabbed a ladder and just started the minigame, and instead of pulling the ladder down, Brock would just keep on climbing so I just punched him before he got to the top of the ladder and he'd just instantly fall off after one punch every. single. time.

Also, I'm playing a Royal Rumble now. Selected Aleister Black, drew #1, got eliminated first. Then ended up as Dean Ambrose, got eliminated pretty quickly... now I'm playing as Mr. McMahon and have eliminated Curt Hawkins, Karl Anderson, Drew McIntyre, Booker T and John Cena. Beautiful. I really didn't want to win, but was going to try my hardest to. I ended up getting to the final 2 against Velveteen Dream (one of my preferred winners out of the entire field!) and losing, so that was fun.

I just lost a fatal 4-way match by DQ. WHY ARE DQs ON BY DEFAULT IN MULTI-MAN MATCHES?!

EDIT: Oh? They aren't. Must've just been a universe mode glitch.

35 minutes ago, Buschie Van Wagenen said:

I must say I do have fun with some of the crazy matches you can have on here.  I put together a falls count anywhere fatal 4-way elimination tag team match and it's hilarious to see the poor ref have to run from one side of the arena to the other to try to count all of the falls.

I was playing the exact same match type earlier! They're a lot of stupid fun. I love big multi-man matches.

Also, I realised the game's a lot more fun if you turn off reversal limits. WHY DID IT TAKE ME SO LONG?

23 minutes ago, Owen said:

I was playing the exact same match type earlier! They're a lot of stupid fun. I love big multi-man matches.

Also, I realised the game's a lot more fun if you turn off reversal limits. WHY DID IT TAKE ME SO LONG?

Where do you do this? I can't find it in Universe settings. The reversal limits suck.

Just now, iDOL said:

Where do you do this? I can't find it in Universe settings. The reversal limits suck.

I think it's under the 'gameplay' section under the settings menu from the main menu. It's the same screen as the one you select your difficulty and whatnot from, I think.