EWB's Top 50 Shows of 2018: The Results

GoGo Yubari

The penultimate update!

QRXYsyT.png

6. The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (82 points, appeared on seven ballots) (Last Year: NR)

eIJNNXP.png

5. Brooklyn Nine-Nine (124, appeared on ten ballots) (Last Year: #8)

Xrzc4W7.png

4. Bojack Horseman (125 points, appeared on nine ballots) (Last Year: #7)

Next Time, on EWB's Top 50 TV Shows of 2018: It's all good, man.

• Like 1

I'm currently rewatching Sabrina as I originally watched it without my girlfriend but recently convinced her to give it a shot.

The atmosphere, the set design, hell the whole aesthetic of the show is so good.  So is the acting and the casting, love it love it.  Its just too bad that the writing is kinda shit, eh?

finish it.

M5JnIQg.gif

3. Better Call Saul (138 points, appeared on eleven ballots) (Last Year: #6)

S75iZ2h.png

2. The Good Place (162 points, appeared on fourteen ballots) (Last Year: #5)

1CHtWKL.png

1. GLOW (196 points, appeared on twenty-two ballots) (Last Year: #1)

That's our first repeat winner in... god, basically forever, it feels like. Who'd have guessed that the show about wrestling on Netflix that remained very good would continue to do well on EWB? Early on it looked like it was going to be the absolute blowout it was last year but it didn't quite get to that point, though it was clear no show was really going to be able to catch up after a certain point, though it was a really competitive race to fill out the rest of the top three (hilariously, the way most of the top ten ended up was basically the exact same order as last year minus the shows that didn't air this year allowing a couple new/old faces in). Thank you to everyone who voted and discussed! This has gotten a little harder to run now that I have a real job with actual expectations but I had a great time and am looking forward to seeing what all makes the cut this time next year. Until...

Next time, on EWB's Top 50(?) Shows of 2019:

• Like 4

I didn't get to watch Saul last year because we didn't have cable/satellite all of last year. I have no excuse for not watching GLOW.

Well I am pleased, GLOW was #1 for me and was even better than last year. Saul wasn't as good but was still among the best things I've seen this year, and I actually just started The Good Place last week and I really like it so far.

B99 and Sabrina deserve their high placings too. Good job, EWB!

I've found that watching new television series is something I struggle to motivate myself to do. Starting out seems like a daunting prospect because I know I'll have to get to grips with who the characters are and why they're important, and it's especially off-putting when the pilot episode lasts an hour or more. I'm sure that there's plenty of stuff out there I'd like, but I always end up retreating back to what's familiar and easy to watch. That goes for every other form of entertainment too. It's something I really should break out of.

The Good Place is awesome. I love it so much. Something happened in last week's episode that made me go "WE TRULY DON'T DESERVE THIS SHOW. WHAT IS LIFE". 

GLOW is really good and I really, really liked a lot of it. Don't remember if it was on my list and how high it even was, but it was good! 

• Like 1