The 2019 Music Thread

Gorka

It's been a slow start of the year, in my opinion. But what have you listened to? What have you enjoyed?

I've listened to:

• Toro y Moi - 'Outer Peace'
  • Sharon Van Etten - 'Remind Me Tomorrow'
  • Tallies - 'Self-Titled'
  • Malibu Ken - 'Self-Titled'
  • Panda Bear - 'Buoys' (a boring disappointment) 
  • Misty Coast - 'Melodaze'
  • Xiu Xiu - 'Girl with Basket of Fruit' (gratingly experimental)
  • Julia Jacklin - 'Crushing'
  • Pond - 'Tasmania'

Pond's effort only came out yesterday, so I expect it to be a grower.

Jacklin, Toro y Moi and the Malibu Ken project have been solid, enjoyable releases.

I've spent the early part largely still catching up on 2018. Got the Ghost and Greta Van Fleet albums last week, lovely stuff.

2019 has been hit and miss so far. Fever 333's debut was decent, Set It Off's was disappointing, and so far I'd put One OK Rock's in the middle. The Bring Me The Horizon one was god awful, genuinely think they're done for this year.

Literally the only 2019 album I've bought so far is the new Busted one and it is god damn excellent.

I've got my eye on quite a few for later this year. Really keen for the new album from The Damned Things, the first album they did was superb. New stuff from Foals, The 1975 (need to listen to their other new one still), I Prevail, Frank Carter and Bastille should hopefully all be decent.

The only new thing i've listened to this year is the new Candlemass record, The Door To Doom. It's the first album since 1987 to feature Johan Langqvist on vocals and I really dig it. Not a bad song on it I reckon.

1 hour ago, Ollie said:

@Rich and probably @JeReindeer too!

Go listen to the new Pkew Pkew Pkew album. It's ruddy lovely and right up both your streets.

Will put it on the list.

I also didn't realise until just now I still have Reindeer in my name, should probably change that.

• 2 weeks later...