FIFA 20

Stevie B

• 2 weeks later...

14 games into a Schalke game in Career Mode. Playing on Legendary and so far won 7, lost 5, drawn 2 and playing with their start up 5-3-2 formation because well, they don't have the players for a 433 like I tend to play. The opposition definitely feels smarter/better than on FIFA 20, that's for sure. I have to work for my goals a lot more now.

The one thing I find very frustrating this year in crossing. It's the first time in years where I can realistically might score on a whipped cross from outside the box, but the hard (R1) and low (Square double tap) are pretty much guaranteed awful balls that go out of bounds or tamely to the keeper. The crossing has become even more inconsistent this year, somehow

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, metalman said:

not happy that they are putting celebrities on Fifa but we don’t have Fred Durst yet 

It wouldn't work logistically because they'd have to start reprogramming the physics engine. When players on FIFA are tackled, they fall using standard ragdoll physics and get straight up. In Durst's case, they'd have to find a way to allow his character model to keep rollin', rollin', rollin', rollin'.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Naitch said:

Just reading a little into it, it looks like players would have to have items in their playing contracts to say that they don't consenst to the club being able to sell their likeness (as it seems Milan have with Ibra). Furthermore, they'd probably have to opt out of their nation's respective player association I think? 

I would assume their names and likenesses would be licensed to EA through FIFPro, which you automatically become a member of if you become a professional footballer in at least 70 countries worldwide. I would imagine it's a bit of a legal grey area as I would suspect the terms and conditions of membership haven't moved with the times into multi-million pound image rights deals.

On 13/11/2020 at 11:19, Bobfoc said:

It wouldn't work logistically because they'd have to start reprogramming the physics engine. When players on FIFA are tackled, they fall using standard ragdoll physics and get straight up. In Durst's case, they'd have to find a way to allow his character model to keep rollin', rollin', rollin', rollin'.

You would think they would already have captured the physics required, going off your post, since Neymar is in the game.