Summer Transfer Window 2020

Lineker

9 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Out of nowhere, we are close to address the gap at centre-half with the signing of Joe Rodon from Swansea. Is he any good @Gorka?

Wait what? OH NO.

He's very solid, confident with the ball at his feet but can make a gaffe or two. Bit like how Ashley Williams used to be?

He's also a bit injury-prone (and is only in his third season of senior football) so definitely a gamble.

• Thanks 1

So the way things stand with United, with just under four hours to go: Cavani and Telles both done. Not a word on Sancho but we apparently have managed to convince Dembele to join, we want a loan, Barca want a permanent deal (I'd rather go without him than sign him permanently), we've contacted Watford about Sarr and offered to pay 20 million for a loan (what the fuck) but Watford are only interested in a permanent deal.

Smalling to Roma is done - Italian window now closed - and we're signing two young players, Tellestri and Amad Traore, both arriving in January.

It's a very... I've no idea how to sum up today.

• Admin

Newcastle United have signed 21-year-old Peruvian Rodrigo Vilca from Deportivo Municipal. He’s scored two goals in ten Peruvian Primera Division appearances this season, and can play as an attacking midfielder, a number ten, or as a winger on either flank.

An injury-plagued, over-rated player? I bet West Ham will be in for him with an £80k a week contract...