Summer Transfer Window 2020

Lineker

I missed this in the sadness over Gunnersaurus but apparently we activated Parteys release clause and have everything all done and dusted? Fuckin hell that's some great business.

1 minute ago, Kaney said:

I missed this in the sadness over Gunnersaurus but apparently we activated Parteys release clause and have everything all done and dusted? Fuckin hell that's some great business.

Well, you activated the release clause, its not done and dusted yet.

THE TRANSFER WINDOW IS CLOSED

(...for international transfers involving Premier League clubs and for transfers between Premier League clubs. The window remains slightly ajar until 17.00 on October 16th for any transfers between Premier League and EFL teams, though any team participating in Eurpean competitions this season must register their squad by 23.00 on October 6th so any signings from EFL teams by them would be ineligible for European competition but could play domestically. 1064% APR. Your home is at risk if you do not keep up monthly repayments. Terms and conditions apply.)

EDIT: Fuck you, Linikles.

• Haha 2

• Admin

West Ham’s loan deal for Chelsea defender Fikayo Tomori has fallen through, according to Sky Sports. Fees had been agreed and paperwork filled in, but just before the 11pm deadline, Tomori got cold feet and decided against the move. He stays at Stamford Bridge.

Hope Olsen takes Pickford's place I  the team sharpish.

Partey looks a great buy for Arsenal although I still don't understand why clubs target a player all summer, know the fee it will take in this case, yet still leave it to the absolute last minute to get a deal done.

Man Utd's window is laughable to be honest, even if I do like the Van De Beek signing.

This is no doubt the fact that I don't take as much interest in European football as I used to, but are any of these transfers particularly exciting or is it just a load of meh players making sideways moves? I presume this Arsenal one is a good one, but I've never heard of him.

26 minutes ago, Colly said:

This is no doubt the fact that I don't take as much interest in European football as I used to, but are any of these transfers particularly exciting or is it just a load of meh players making sideways moves? I presume this Arsenal one is a good one, but I've never heard of him.

Partey is a transfer that's both expensive and cheap at the same time - he's a really good midfielder who they got for his release clause, which is pretty much 20 million less than he's worth, but at the same time this is a window where Marc Roca was available and who they could definitely have signed for about 20-30 million less, and he's basically Partey with a bigger upside and resale value.

Exciting transfer for Arsenal, especially considering the dross that makes up their midfield currently, but the best transfer they could've made was shifting Ozil tbh.

Yeah, Partey is an excellent signing. 

If they were happy to pay his release clause, seems silly they didn't just go and get him in the summer so that he'd have time to settle, but I also get haggling prices, outgoings have to happen first etc. 

Was super weird not to be checking deadline day begging for news, really happy with our transfer business. Shame about not being able to shift a few players and a bit sad that Foyth's never going to get a proper chance at the club, but good stuff.

• Like 1