Summer Transfer Window 2020

Lineker

• Admin
7 hours ago, Adam said:

I know they're in a "lesser" league but why have Benfica agreed to lose their main striker on a loan deal? Yes they might get paid next summer but until then, what do they do?

The other thing to mention, on a more serious note, is that Vinicius is represented by Jorge Mendes’s company, Gestifute; Mourinho is also represented by Mendes... so it all ties in!

I want to believe that Norwich would use the funds gained from selling off Lewis and Godfrey to re-invest in the team. However, the fact that they're almost certainly going to be in a financial black hole from losing matchday revenue AND top-flight football TV income means that these sales are almost certainly just going to be keeping the club afloat.

I feel fairly confident in saying that Norwich won't be going back up next year. If Ipswich can avoid bungling their form again this season then I'm pretty sure the East Anglian derby will be back in 2021/22.

It's mad to think how over a ten year period we've gone from being awful at transfers to being really good at bringing people in and getting big fees for players 

3 hours ago, TCO said:

If I ever have to sell a house, I want the Liverpool board to negotiate it for me.

Fucking hell, they get ridiculous money for unproven players. That is a terrible deal for Sheffield United.

He's almost certainly better than all of our other strikers, especially those that are fully fit. 

Of course there is the Englisman/English Club premium to pay for too. 

I think far too many Arsenal fans were being completely unrealistic about Saliba. He was being heralded as some saviour, despite being only 19. We've clearly paid a premium for potential and I think a loan spell will be the best option right now. 

You can't expect a player that young to come over to a foreign league and transform a defence on his own.