They made a Fallout TV series

SeanDMan

It will be produced by Jonathan Nolan, Lisa Joy, and Todd Howard, so it will probably look really impressive, have an interesting opening, then crawl up its own ass to die.

If it wants to be an authentic Fallout experience then it needs to fully establish it's plot in the first episode and then spend the next 22 completely ignoring it whilst the protagonist goes off on crazy unrelated adventures.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Rukaru Shida said:

I hope this television series is good instead of bad.

I think you're being overly optimistic.

8 hours ago, SeanDMan said:

I think you're being overly optimistic.

Hey Sean, word to the wise. If you liked a franchise and then didn't like the direction it took, it's okay to not follow that franchise anymore.

I fucking love Final Fantasy. But the games after 12 just weren't for me. I played them, didn't like them, but realised other people got a bunch of joy from them, and I'm super stoked for those people.

It just seems like you're getting yourself bummed out on purpose because you didn't like the games that came out after 2, and now you're determined to dislike everything that comes out with the Fallout label attached. If those games weren't for you, it doesn't invalidate the love you have for the first two, and you can still enjoy them just as much now that the newer games exist.

It's okay that Fallout isn't for you anymore. But is for a bunch of other people, and that's awesome.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

This could and should be amazing, I'm very excited!

I wonder will they tone down the retrofuturistic angle of it all? Could be a bit weird for the casual viewer. The spin-offs based in the vaults and their social experiments could be endless. I want a Vault 11 and Vault 112: Tranquility Lane spinoffs already!

• Like 1

I kind of want the first season to be about the Great War and how we find ourselves in the world of Fallout.

Basically the premise behind the intros to the Fallout games, but for an entire season.

I am not overly familiar with the games but I enjoy Westworld more than most so I will definitely check it out. 

I didn't see another TV writer/producer attached so I'm curious if Joy and Nolan are meant to be running the whole thing or if they'll be supervising. If it is wholly their's, I would imagine Westworld will end sooner than later, which may be for the best. As much as I enjoy it, even I'm not sure how much story is actually left there.