Your Favourite Sporting Moments...That Don't Involve Your Team

Adam

I mean, I was a fan of Torres because Liverpool, but I hate Chelsea. However, it's the combination of the man scoring it given how bad his Chelsea career was, the late goal to beat Barcelona, and of course, the orgasm by Neville.

11 hours ago, GA! said:

The best ending to a football match ever. For those who can't remember, if Leicester score the penalty they're through to the Play-Off Finals...

This. What a moment. An old school friend managed to get himself close to Zola as well at the end. 

Other than that, I would say the end of the 1998 F1 season was particularly amazing - when Schumacher's tyre blew out in the Japanese GP. I was so into F1 around that time, the whole season was a rollercoaster and the ending was simply fantastic. I honestly can't remember a more exciting season than 1998.

22 hours ago, Lineklaus said:

I'll have a proper think - but off the top of my head, Man Utd securing the Treble in 1999 takes some beating:

Oh come on. You can't put anything in here the way you support every team!

Can we post about a moment that wasn't done by our team, but TO our team? Cause if so, this is still one of the best fucking catches I've ever seen. 

I love Fitz, I loved Kurt Warner, the Cardinals knocked out my hated Eagles (who the week prior knocked out my Giants in the NFC Title game), and were viewed as a big underdog going just 9-7 on the season against the 12-4 Steelers in the Super Bowl.  Plus it would've been the Cardinals' first Super Bowl win while the Steelers were looking to get a then-NFL leading 6th title.

This TD made me think they were about to win a ring.  Sadly it didn't hold up and the Steelers then had a game-winning drive, but the actual moment of Fitz breaking free was great.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, metalman said:

Will it make me seem petty and small-minded if I say it's every time England get knocked out the World Cup or the Euros?

Because I don't care.

While not invested either way I did quite enjoy plucky Iceland beating them in 2016. Apologies to many members of this board. Hope you all enjoyed Panama making the World Cup at the USA's expense in the same way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, metalman said:

Will it make me seem petty and small-minded if I say it's every time England get knocked out the World Cup or the Euros?

Because I don't care.

Hide contents

I'll think about this seriously later.

Yeah same tbh.

Iceland, the Ronaldo wink, and Germany in 2010 are particular highlights.

This was just glorious. 1998 was not an NFL season I enjoyed. The Bucs had gone to the playoffs in 1997, their first since 1982, so expectations were high for them that year. The season started off with a game in Minnesota against the Vikings, which featured the very first Randy Moss highlight reel. The Vikings went 15-1 in that year, and everyone touted them to be Super Bowl favorites. The one solace I had was that the ' 1 ' in the record was a loss in Tampa against the Bucs. Chris Carter, Randy Moss, Jake Reed, Robert Smith and the resurgent Randall Cunningham were a formidable offensive unit. Gary Anderson hadn't missed a kick all season - an NFL record. 

So, it's the NFC Championship game, and you'd think that this would put it in the bag for the Vikings, right? Nope! He missed. He missed and the Falcons (I was cool with them at the time since they were in the NFC West) won.

Cause Fuck the (1998) Vikings <_< . 

4 hours ago, damshow said:

While not invested either way I did quite enjoy plucky Iceland beating them in 2016. Apologies to many members of this board. Hope you all enjoyed Panama making the World Cup at the USA's expense in the same way.

I really did, even if it was a clear handball.

I'm sure if I wasn't English I'd have loved it to be fair.