Eurovision Song Contest 2021

Lineker

I half-watched a collection of 15 second clips of each country at the weekend and Belgium was my favourite from the first half of the alphabet. Just saw their performance from the first semi and I really like it. The chorus is musically really interesting and she's a great singer.

I didn't watch the semi so don't know who went out, but Belgium and Cyprus were in my top 5 from all the short clips and they both made it, so that's good.

I was on the road during the semifinals and didn't bother to see who was performing and just completely missed that Hooverphonic is in it this year. God, I haven't thought about them in like a decade.

Just now, Bobfoc said:

I quite like this Portuguese song. It reminds me of a nineties song, but I can't think what it is.

To me it sounds a little like Jamiroquai if they were really really into ballads instead of dance music.

1 minute ago, Bobfoc said:

I can't tell if Germany's song is upbeat or passive aggressive.

I need to read the lyrics because it sounded like it was getting very 21st century borderline-satirical musical theater there.

oh fuck a nu-metal band