Comic Book Films & TV Thread 2021

Maxx

Geez I started watching The Boys today.  I heard how great the show was, but watching it is just amazing.

Favorite character is Frenchie.  He just blossoms as a character after Kimiko is introduced

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's not a new trailer, it's some TV spots edited together by that channel. The second trailer for The Batman doesn't come out until the DC FanDome event in October. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/the-batman-trailer-2-dc-fandome-the-flash-movie-1235005467/

Still a cool edit / concept, tho. Makes me wish John Noble was in this.

18 minutes ago, CLDY said:

It's not a new trailer, it's some TV spots edited together by that channel.

But if you've never seen those TV spots, it is a new trailer :pervert:

• 4 weeks later...

Do Ruby Rose posted on her Instagram timeline the reason behind her leaving Batwoman and... Yeah wow that production sounds toxic as fuck

1 hour ago, Lint said:

Do Ruby Rose posted on her Instagram timeline the reason behind her leaving Batwoman and... Yeah wow that production sounds toxic as fuck

https://deadline.com/2021/10/ruby-rose-batwoman-toxic-behavior-allegations-cw-wbtv-1234858951/

“Enough is enough,” Rose wrote in her first post, which was addressed to the CW, Batwoman showrunner Caroline Dries, and Berlanti Prods’ Greg Berlanti and Sarah Schechter. “I’m going to tell the whole world what really happened on that set. I will come for you so what happened to me never happens to another person again. And so I can finally take back my life and the truth. Shame on you.”

Rose, who had had surgery for a stunt injury she had suffered, included footage of her surgery in her post, saying she was forced to return to work by former head of Warner Bros. TV Peter Roth. She alleged Roth threatened her into returning by claiming she would cost the production “millions” and that “the whole crew and cast would be fired.” She also accused Roth of inappropriate behavior with a bizarre claim that he had asked women to steam his pants while he was wearing them, and alleged he had Rose investigated by a PI after she left the series. Additionally, Rose mounted an attack on former co-star Dougray Scott, who played her father, accusing him of misconduct on set.

Rose also detailed what she described as unsafe working conditions on-set, including serious injuries to a Batwoman crew member who received “third degree burns over his whole body” during production. She also blamed the work conditions for causing serious injuries to other crew members, and slammed the show for “ruin[ing] Kate Kane.”

The article also notes:

Sources close to the situation insist that what Rose paints is a distorted picture of what transpired a year and a half ago, noting that Rose herself was the subject of an internal probe into bad behavior allegations by the studio, with the two sides ultimately opting to part ways. Her claim that she was fired is consistent with what was rumored at the time of her exit, as the studio and the producers at the time allegedly agreed to present the departure as Rose’s decision, a PR practice often used in high-profile talent dismissals.

But yeah. Holy shit.

It's not like this is the first time allegations about Berlanti Productions has come out.  The original show runner for The Flash and Supergirl was fired for being a creep

• Like 1

Geez...the few episodes of Supergirl that let Nicole Maines dig into the probably real, very hurtful history of being transgender, are great.  While she's a pretty good actress on her own, when they dig into "that" part of her, she's amazing, but sadly because she's probably heard it before..

The first 35 seconds or so of this clip.  You can see in her eye movement and subtle facial expressions.  She's not acting, she's fucking lived that

• 1 month later...

Good lord Beebo Saves Christmas was amazing

• 2 weeks later...

Finished season 2 of Stargirl. Really enjoy what they're doing with that show and where they leave it for season 3. Feels like the last of the CW superhero shows I'm going to invest time in barring some sort of situation where I have the time to figure out where the last season of Legends of Tomorrow now resides and try to catch up on it.

The Flash: Armageddon was pretty good.

Spoiler

Got to see what Barry would look like as Reverse-Flash, what Thawne would like as the Flash, AND Thawne as Reverse-Flash without vibrating and the glowing red eyes. 

The other heroes appearing was nice, but what's the point of Mia Queen showing up, if the series with her wasn't approved?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...