General Gaming Thread 2021

Ruki

Nintendo has been doing a surprisingly good job with demos lately. Pikmin 3: Deluxe, Hyrule Warriors, Bravely Default II and Monster Hunter Rise have all have free demos over the last few months. It's sad how archaic the practice has become, so I hope it's making a comeback of sorts.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ewanite said:

How so? Looks like it has all the features TEW has? 

Looks can be deceiving. If something is going to overtake TEW, it's going to have to do things TEW can't. Why have bargain bin TEW when you can have TEW?

I'm not saying TEW is perfect but when you're marketting is "This does what TEW does" then you've already kind of failed.

9 minutes ago, Forky said:

Looks can be deceiving. If something is going to overtake TEW, it's going to have to do things TEW can't. Why have bargain bin TEW when you can have TEW?

I'm not saying TEW is perfect but when you're marketting is "This does what TEW does" then you've already kind of failed.

I mean its 10x better than TEW looks-wise, but if you think its bargain bin TEW then you do you 

• Confused 1

55 minutes ago, ewanite said:

I mean its 10x better than TEW looks-wise, but if you think its bargain bin TEW then you do you 

It looks like TEW05 through the eyes of a drunk person.

1 hour ago, Forky said:

Because TEW is like £35 when really it shouldn't be tbh. If this is say £15 cheaper, then it's already ahead of TEW.

2 minutes ago, MadJack said:

Because TEW is like £35 when really it shouldn't be tbh. If this is say £15 cheaper, then it's already ahead of TEW.

I guess that's debatable. Still makes this an EWR alternative for people who don't want to pay the price of TEW. TEW is on the level of most any other sim game and most of those are 35 bucks so I can't agree with you on the price point.

As I said, it's got to do things that TEW/EWR can't to really make it worth it.

4 minutes ago, Josh Mulaney said:

Do you work for Pro Wrestling Simulator?

That, or he's too entranced by discount Andy Organ over there.

But just in case he genuinely feels that way... @ewanite this should help https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk02juoGPjb1woZduggx6Oha0l_NGQw%3A1611188587680&ei=a8kIYJ7_KIOK5wLClYLYAw&q=optometrist+near+me'

merge @ewanite

7 minutes ago, Forky said:

I guess that's debatable. Still makes this an EWR alternative for people who don't want to pay the price of TEW. TEW is on the level of most any other sim game and most of those are 35 bucks so I can't agree with you on the price point.

As I said, it's got to do things that TEW/EWR can't to really make it worth it.

Agreed on the last point but most other sim games offer more than TEW does - like an actual graphical representation of what's being simulated for a start.

Agreed on the last point but most other sim games offer more than TEW does - like an actual graphical representation of what's being simulated for a start.

Would you really want that for a wrestling sim though? I mean OOTP didn't have it for the longest time and I'm pretty sure it's price point hasn't changed. I could be wrong on that. 

Sadly one of the things that holds TEW back right now is the lack of Real World mods, which is going to be a problem for every wrestling sim that comes out including something like this one.

tbf that's a lot easier for something like Football Manager than TEW. Modding TEW for thousands of people and making movesets would be a nightmare...

2 minutes ago, Forky said:

Would you really want that for a wrestling sim though? I mean OOTP didn't have it for the longest time and I'm pretty sure it's price point hasn't changed. I could be wrong on that. 

Sadly one of the things that holds TEW back right now is the lack of Real World mods, which is going to be a problem for every wrestling sim that comes out including something like this one.

Technically you could just make the default roster a real world current one and just change the names a bit, many other games do it

1 minute ago, JMarushin said:

Technically you could just make the default roster a real world current one and just change the names a bit, many other games do it

What about the other 20 years of wrestling most people want to play? 😛