General Gaming Thread 2021

Ruki

I need someone to clear something about Hitman 3. I am confused. 

If I buy Hitman 3, but do not own Hitman 1 and 2, can I play those maps in Hitman 3 or do I only get to play those maps if I previously bought the game? 

4 minutes ago, tristy said:

You have to own 1 or 2 to import the levels into 3. So, if you own Hitman 1, you can play the levels on 3, but if you don't own 2, you can't play those in 3.

And there is a timed exclusive on PC that does not allow for it to be purchased on Steam, where I own the games. 

Lovely little set up. 

2 hours ago, Gazz said:

The levels have mission stories, they're just not all made explicit to you at the beginning of the mission. They will appear though if you find the right trigger within the mission.

I'm judging it on it saying "Mission Stories 2/3" or "Mission Stories 0/3" at the level screen, if there's more then great.

1 hour ago, Your Mom said:

This is what I want to do! I do not give a single damn about the story. I played that training level like 100 different times in the last game

It's still a lot like the other games, but the targets are more specific to the story. It's less a case of "kill this person because a rich client wants us to" and more "kill this person because that's how the story will progress".

Finished Hitman 3 levels 5 and 6 (the last two) now:

Spoiler

Argentina is really fun, plus I work for a wine company so my knowledge of Malbec grapes actually came in useful.

The start of the final mission is great, especially the part where every contract from the game surrounds you. Then it turns in to a train mission, and  there's nothing more linear than a train mission. You walk down a train. Then, when you've done the job, you stop the train and start walking, because you're an idiot.

The ending is strange in that, theoretically, everything is back to how it was. Hopefully that means there is a sequel still possible, and maybe (just maybe) they'll stick to sandbox levels instead of walking down a train.

Now, time to go all the way back to that fake boat. I'm coming for you, Kalvin Ritter...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

Got the Maneater platinum just now. Took just under 16 hours. Fun game, if a little repetitive. I'd probably give the DLC a go when released. I got the game for nothing after all.

How on earth did you cope with the controls, I can't make the stupid shark face the way I want half the time.

• Haha 1

It's 1.30am, it's dark and I'm just standing in the middle of the dance floor on the Hitman 3 Berlin mission, listening to the music through bassy headphones because I can't remember the last time I was in a dingy club at 1.30am.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Gazz said:

It's 1.30am, it's dark and I'm just standing in the middle of the dance floor on the Hitman 3 Berlin mission, listening to the music through bassy headphones because I can't remember the last time I was in a dingy club at 1.30am.

Hitman 3 is our new normal.

• Haha 2

I just finished it tonight after picking it up on Friday.

I love, love, loved it. Even with the different mission structure on some of them, especially because of that actually. It let them investigate some new mission structures. Glad to have a proper resolution to the story and I am pumped to go through it again with the different starting points, etc. So cool to have access to the whole trilogy in one game.

• Like 2

Is there some setting you have to set to get twitch to save streams as a VOD? I did something tonight to test out my capabilities and it's not there.

5 hours ago, =BK= said:

Is there some setting you have to set to get twitch to save streams as a VOD? I did something tonight to test out my capabilities and it's not there.

Yeah. It's under your channel preferences. You have to make sure that you have "Store Past Broadcasts" clicked. It will save your video for up to 14 days. 60 if you're a partner.

These are... interesting choices.

I could see Cate Blanchett as Angel but not sure about Lilith. I think they'd lean very heavily into the action-comedy, kinda obviously if they're casting Kevin Hart, and Blanchett doesn't really strike me as the type. Has she got much pedigree in comedy?

image.png

I don't understand stocks.... but something weird is going on with Gamestop. From $19 to $147 in a month. This was a company that was on deaths door. I don't follow any stockmarket stuff, but this is coming up on my facebook and twitter feeds.

... are trolls somehow inflating the price of this? Is this possible?