General Gaming Thread 2021

Ruki

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

Goddamn it Ruki we're talking about college football!

I thought he was talking about football. I mean, shotgun formation, grenade formation...that's all handeggery right?

For me the biggest reason I preferred the NCAA games to Madden was always because in NCAA you'd have so much more flexibility in how you wanted to play. Basically every other sports game I've played outside of Football Manager really kind of pigeon-holes you into having the exact same approach as everyone else. NCAA you can run a triple option offense and recruit the exact kind of players to make that work.

It lets you really tailor an experience and also give you the chance to, if you so choose, totally change it up in a season or two because of how quick the roster turnover is.

That said, cautiously optimistic because I just don't know if EA can avoid making a microtransaction riddled game nowadays.

• Like 2

Going live with some Final Fantasy Tactics this morning! Everything's tested and should hopefully work way better than the attempt on Tuesday, assuming Twitch doesn't fuck up again. Come check it out! 5 followers away from 50!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RPS said:

Was watching some of your stream. Will try to check it out this afternoon as well. 

I typically stream 9AM - 12 PM CST, so I just now went offline! Tuesdays and Thursdays though. And I may do some impromptu streams this weekend because if I didn't hit affiliate after this stream, I should be like, dangerously close now.

I got over 50 followers on Twitch, and I'm now 1 requirement (avg of 3 viewers in time streamed) away from hitting affiliate status. So I'm going to to stream tomorrow and Sunday. Tomorrow, sometime after 5 PM CST, I'm gonna stream some Jackbox Party Pack games. Y'all are welcome to join in, I'll post when I go live. 

Sunday, I don't know what I'm going to do. Maybe more Jackbox? More Final Fantasy? More Stardew? Check out something scary? Dunno yet. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, How The Cloud Stole Christ said:

I got over 50 followers on Twitch, and I'm now 1 requirement (avg of 3 viewers in time streamed) away from hitting affiliate status. So I'm going to to stream tomorrow and Sunday. Tomorrow, sometime after 5 PM CST, I'm gonna stream some Jackbox Party Pack games. Y'all are welcome to join in, I'll post when I go live. 

Sunday, I don't know what I'm going to do. Maybe more Jackbox? More Final Fantasy? More Stardew? Check out something scary? Dunno yet. 

If I remember to check the thread, even if I can't watch I'll turn your stream on to get you that average viewer!

• Like 2

I got Kingdom Come: Deliverance via discount on GOG, have been looking at this game for a while but finally decided to take a stab at it and see if it's something for me.

After chopping down two bandits, I go into the fight with the oversized bandit with fully cockiness. Avoiding him, stabbing and dodging my way around his slow attacks. The presence of a mate watching along via Discord has the excitement go to my head.

"I think i'm doing pretty g-" *BAP* Down goes Henry!

:lol:

I did beat that snotnose Hans Capon at both archery and swordfighting, though. So I think I have a knack for this.

Going live with some Jackbox party pack games! Anyone's welcome to join, you just need to login through Twitch on jackbox.tv before doing so. I think first up will be Role Models!

https://www.twitch.tv/aleindria

56 minutes ago, Ruki Returns said:

I can't watch atm, but I am doing my part. Also, he's playing Garfield racing or something!

image.png

Yes! I played Garfield Kart: Furious Racing!

• Like 1

On 05/02/2021 at 23:03, How The Cloud Stole Christ said:

ISAAC!

Still playing The Outer Worlds and they have a quest called Makes Spacesuits, Won't Travel and wow that is a deep cut reference. No wonder I never met anyone else who read that book they all work for Obsidian!

Also, just found out about this