General Gaming Thread 2021

Ruki

Went back to playing Metro Exodus after finished Valhalla. 

I worried what it might be like in terms of some of the levels being open world and it possibly losing some of the tension but it doesn't whatsoever and the fact there's only a few missions like that really helps. It doesn't turn the game into your generic run around and shoot stuff as really stealth is still the best approach given your limited supplies. The only downside for me is the ending whilst good and emotional there's no dramatic final battle type scenario like the others. 

Definetly worth playing

Going to either go on Death Stranding or Demon's Souls next I think. Leaning more towards Demon's Souls. 

On 08/03/2021 at 06:10, Baddar said:

Here's why I love Rust.

compound.png

This is my neighbour's compound. Only taken him a couple of days to build, and it's just ridiculously good, inside and out.

Meanwhile I'm playing No Man's Sky, holed up in a little crap shack with no furniture and only a couple lamps.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Baddar said:

He has an elevator taking you up the building on the right to his rooftop as well.

Yeah well, can he turn degraded bits of scrap into other bits of scrap to turn those into another type of scrap to turn those into mold which become NANOMACHINES SON?

I mean, I already have the best furnace, but it can do other things besides making NANOMACHINES SON, including making metals better quality. Though there's not really much "protecting the base" necessary and the main purpose of my primary base is to store stuff, smelt stuff, and not bake in the 330 K heat. Also to hide from the killbots now and then.

Edit- That's right I use Kelvin for No Man's Sky. It's more scientific and therefore more sci-fientific. And yes I know that's not a real word, shush.

Oh man. Turtles in Time is one of my all time favorite games. Never thought I'd get more. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, King Ellis said:

I'm not usually one to play the 'they ruined my childhood' card but good lord, that cover of the 80's TMNT theme...

https://exclaim.ca/film/article/hear_mike_patton_sing_the_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_theme_song

19 hours ago, =BK= said:

Oh man. Turtles in Time is one of my all time favorite games. Never thought I'd get more. 

Fuck yeah. The Turtles arcade games were incredible fun and still are to this day. 

On another note, has anyone played this Retromania Wrestling yet? 

Live with some Hades at my new time, 4 PM CST! Come watch me stumble my way into Asphodel and probably not out of it.

twitch.tv/aleindria

• Like 1

Rust's devs are sending out Beta keys for their console edition, if you put your email and platform into their website. Seems they're upping the player intake now as my missus put hers down yesterday morning and got a key by the evening.

• Like 1