General Gaming Thread 2021

Ruki

Finally finished Valhalla, close to 60 hours and I skipped so much. Doing everything would easily double that.

The main story, outside the animus, is so cool and interesting. I wish there was more connection to that and what you did in the game.

But fuck. I dunno if I can do another AC game. Too much of a slog.

I think I'm having video game burnout. I've gotten to the point lately that I turn a game on, stare at it for a few minutes and then just turn it off. I played one mission of Asssassin's Creed last night and just couldn't stay interested in it.

1 hour ago, Forky said:

I think I'm having video game burnout. I've gotten to the point lately that I turn a game on, stare at it for a few minutes and then just turn it off. I played one mission of Asssassin's Creed last night and just couldn't stay interested in it.

I feel having finished Valhalla has done that to me. But as @Ruki Returnssaid he skipped a lot whereas I did pretty much everything and doubled his time. 

Tried to get back into finishing Metro Exodus and was like I'm burnt out. 

Finished a playthrough of Vampire: The Masquerade: Coteries of New York. Pretty fun, visual novel that acts as kind of a short, single-player V:TM adventure. Planning on playing again to see if there's any differences in the three playable Clans (I doubt it, but who knows) and to do some of the subplots I didn't get to finish (you're limited in how many scenes you can have.

Though I doubt any of the subplots are going to top the Malkavian one.

29 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Posted about this in the Steam thread a few weeks ago, but Rust is very addictive! Still feel like I'm learning the basics after around 10hrs of play. Wish I'd got it sooner.

Are you playing multi or on your own. I played it for a week with a mate but got cynical and jaded to have lost everything I worked for whenever I'd log on the next day.

Or just having a small shack we build get torched by an organized mob looking to grief anyone they come across

Most multiplayer experiences I had in Rust weren't positive, so I ended up not playing anymore.

To start with, I've been playing mostly on a non PVP server to get used to the building and vast number of systems, and what you need to do with each item that you find. There are 'zombies', bears and AI maniacs with chainsaws running about so it's not always easy to get back to base.

But yeah PVP can be pretty unforgiving. It helps to have a group of you to be able to get your base to the max armor standard, and even then it's not safe.

I'd be happy to team up and have a go at some point, even if it is on the friendlier server I'm on at the moment.

Played the Outriders demo with a few friends before given its actually got a demo unlike a lot of things these days. 

Got to say... It's pretty much non-offensive. It's not bad but it's not good. Definetly wouldn't say it's a full price game 

Best way of describing it is it's a lot of games mixed into one. The most similar thing I'd say is it's very much like The Division but in space and with the abilities of Mass Effect. The cover system is pretty much similar to Gears of War with the grinding and loot of say Destiny etc. 

Story wise. Just wasn't gripping for me and there were a lot of cut scenes. 

I will say it has potential down the line depending on what they do with it but I wouldn't be paying £40/50 for it and it may be worth waiting a while to see what they do with the game 

6 hours ago, OctoberRaven said:

Finished a playthrough of Vampire: The Masquerade: Coteries of New York. Pretty fun, visual novel that acts as kind of a short, single-player V:TM adventure. Planning on playing again to see if there's any differences in the three playable Clans (I doubt it, but who knows) and to do some of the subplots I didn't get to finish (you're limited in how many scenes you can have.

Though I doubt any of the subplots are going to top the Malkavian one.

Oh man they went hard on the Ventrue flaw in this game. This is gonna be rough...

Short lil Hades stream this morning, come on by!

https://www.twitch.tv/aleindria

EDIT: Ended it early because my internet does not want me to stream. :(

• Like 1