General Gaming Thread 2021

Ruki

Dan Avidan of Game Grumps is being accused of grooming a fan when she was 17 and he was 34. His ex-assistant has also come out in support of the woman making the allegations, saying that Avidan is a predator (I had been unaware of this but she made her own allegations against him in 2019). 

11 minutes ago, CLDY said:

Dan Avidan of Game Grumps is being accused of grooming a fan when she was 17 and he was 34. His ex-assistant has also come out in support of the woman making the allegations, saying that Avidan is a predator (I had been unaware of this but she made her own allegations against him in 2019). 

Oh no.... I'm literally watching GameGrumps right now.

Not through all of this. But it's not even on the same planet of the Ryan Haywood stuff, which I was scared about.

I have to say I’m grossed out by the language of “the fan”. It feels incredibly dismissive to me. And once the poster was like “well she was 17 years and *11 months* old” I was like ok, they’re just going to do everything they can to give Dan the benefit of the doubt here. Mods on the AH subreddit did the same thing and the opinion changed a lot once more and more people came forward. 

• Like 3

Is anyone going to pick up Binding of Isaac Repentance on Day 1? I know Cloudy and BK are into Isaac, but my memory fails me as to who else is on the bandwagon. 

2 minutes ago, apsham said:

I am considering it - I already have SO MUCH TO PLAY right now but it's too tempting.

It looks like it is radically changing the game. Very intriguing. 

1 hour ago, apsham said:

Yeah he said it's basically BOI2, and it adds as much content as the initial switch from Flash to Rebirth did.

I will be in the guinea pig and I'll tell you how it is. 

2 hours ago, apsham said:

I am considering it - I already have SO MUCH TO PLAY right now but it's too tempting.

So many games. Just finishing Undertale again. Playing Bravely Default 2. Want to start Yakuza 4. Octopath again sounds fun. I have Deathloop in May, FF7R PS5 in June.... plus they keep adding great games to gamepass.

I may have mentioned it here before but I really want them to make an MMO that doesn't force you to do group content. Like I want the option to be there for those who actually enjoy that, but I there to be a system that you can do that allows you to solo the content if you want to (whether that be something like they give you NPC's to fight alongside if you want, or something of that nature.)

Like I enjoy the story and such that comes with MMO's and it's very easy to keep adding stuff too.....but I also have this issue where I find it hard to play with other people. Even when I know what I'm doing, it's really hard for me to actually put myself out there.

On 25/03/2021 at 10:20, RPS said:

Is anyone going to pick up Binding of Isaac Repentance on Day 1? I know Cloudy and BK are into Isaac, but my memory fails me as to who else is on the bandwagon. 

I did not know his was a thing. BoI is something I want to play on Twitch so I'll probobly hold off till I save up some more cash for a capable PC.

On 27/03/2021 at 01:13, Forky said:

I may have mentioned it here before but I really want them to make an MMO that doesn't force you to do group content.

On 27/03/2021 at 21:49, Forky said:

Does anyone play ESO online? It seems very much like something I'd enjoy but I kind of hate to drop money on it and not enjoy it.

For what you mentioned in your first post, ESO is exactly what you're looking for. Pretty much 95% of the game can be done solo, even some dungeons designed for 4 players can be soloed if you become powerful enough. PvP is restricted to Cyrodiil only, so there's no chance of you getting ganked by some toxic tryhard either. Story is really good too and there is tonnes to do.

I played it for about 3 years before I got too busy with uni work to continue and never really got back into it as I'd got to the point where had finished most things and was just doing 12 player trials for loot drops. They've added a lot of new content since then though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bad News Jericode said:

Finished my first playthrough of Detroit: Become Human today. Brilliant game, can't wait to see what the studio come out with next.

Please be a remaster of Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy

4 hours ago, Gazz said:

For what you mentioned in your first post, ESO is exactly what you're looking for. Pretty much 95% of the game can be done solo, even some dungeons designed for 4 players can be soloed if you become powerful enough. PvP is restricted to Cyrodiil only, so there's no chance of you getting ganked by some toxic tryhard either. Story is really good too and there is tonnes to do.

I played it for about 3 years before I got too busy with uni work to continue and never really got back into it as I'd got to the point where had finished most things and was just doing 12 player trials for loot drops. They've added a lot of new content since then though.

Thanks for your input. I grabbed the Collectors edition and 90 days of game time. It's a bit expensive but if it provides me with the mindless grinding that I crave then that works for me, and since it is an ES game, the story should also be worth it. 

3 hours ago, JMarushin said:

Please be a remaster of Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy

With more of David "Subtlety" Cage calling himself a cinematic genius.

ojb7w7c.jpg

• Haha 2