General Gaming Thread 2021

Ruki

So I've been playing Bloodborne again recently, looking back at my other save file it looks like I got stuck in the Forbidden Woods at some point and then just 'gave up'. Gave up in so much as went off to play something else instead for a while and then never went back.

Think I blitzed past where I got up to before in like half the time. There's been like 3 or 4 times I've wanted to post on here like "Wait, WTF?" but now I really feel compelled to do so.

Spoiler

Beat Rom and then some figure appeared in the middle of the water. Without anything else to do in that area I approached, at which point a celestial body seemed to crash down on top of me and I awoke back in the room where Amydala snatches you, moved on to the next area to find Amydala's swarming all over the buildings and the sky was all fucked up.

This game turned into a Lovecraftian nightmare so slowly I didn't even notice.

I also beat the guy on top of the castle and swore allegiance to the Queen inside because, well, why not? Then I found an unopened invite to Cainhurst which I gave to someone in Cathedral Ward, only to come back again later to find him standing over the quivering cubes of jelly that used to be her corpse, shouting triumphantly to his master.

• Like 1

I triple dipped on Overwatch for the Switch. I probably have 1000+ hours on PC. 

The Switch version is fine. I know a lot of people want crossplay, but the game seems to be a tad slower on Switch, so I could not imagine them accomplishing that. 

Also, not sure if the players are worse on Switch or the algorithm of me being a newer player, I have played 2 hours or so and have only lost 2 games.

7 hours ago, RPS said:

The Switch version is fine. I know a lot of people want crossplay, but the game seems to be a tad slower on Switch, so I could not imagine them accomplishing that. 

Also, not sure if the players are worse on Switch or the algorithm of me being a newer player, I have played 2 hours or so and have only lost 2 games.

Did you change your Bnet name?

Really, Yakuza 3? That's how you end?!

Spoiler

A death fake out.... that you resolve after the credits?

But I am glad I'm done with 3, weakest of the four (0-3) that I have played. No fun mini games, the cabaret was trash, anf the constant blocking enemies was the worst. Give me the never ending health bar of 0, at least it made it feel like I was doing something. 

Gonna finish Valhalla before I pick up 4 I think.

1 hour ago, Ruki Returns said:

Really, Yakuza 3? That's how you end?!

Hide contents

A death fake out.... that you resolve after the credits?

But I am glad I'm done with 3, weakest of the four (0-3) that I have played. No fun mini games, the cabaret was trash, anf the constant blocking enemies was the worst. Give me the never ending health bar of 0, at least it made it feel like I was doing something. 

Gonna finish Valhalla before I pick up 4 I think.

Meanwhile Y4 is in terms of style the start of the modern Yakuza's (until LaD), and is personally one of my favourites of the series in terms of characters.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RPS said:

I have Overwatch on PC, Xbox and Playstation, there's absolutely a speed difference between PC and console generally. I also find that the feel of the game is different between XB and PS, which is a little odd. Xbox feels more accurate when shooting at distance with accuracy. Could be a sliders thing, but mainly basing that on the default settings. 

Still playing Tomb Raider reboot and... y'know, this isn't just Tomb Raider but a lot of other things. I like it better when the weird shit that's going on isn't supernatural. Because once it's some magic ancient curse from a civilization lost to time then a lot of the mystery's going away. And since this is the series where a T-rex just happens to be in an ancient tomb for some reason, I doubt it'll be just some guy with a really good grasp of engineering.

11 hours ago, How The Cloud Stole Christ said:

Did you change your Bnet name?

I didn't. I never added you as I think you told it to me when I was done Overwatch. What is yours ? 

Also, I have a theory that the Crystal Dynamic folks secretly resent being eternally tied to Tomb Raider, and that's why Lara Croft's reboot series is basically a series of traumatic events for Lara, as well as some brutally violent ways for her to die in fail states.

3 hours ago, DFF said:

I have Overwatch on PC, Xbox and Playstation, there's absolutely a speed difference between PC and console generally. I also find that the feel of the game is different between XB and PS, which is a little odd. Xbox feels more accurate when shooting at distance with accuracy. Could be a sliders thing, but mainly basing that on the default settings. 

Let me know if you would be down to play.

Like A Dragon has turned out to be one of my favourite, favourite games in a long time.

I've always enjoyed the Yakuza series but there's just something about the standard line of games that feels so repetitive, I just can never really put a ton of time into them at once - and in the end I kind of had enough of Kiryu's character after a couple of games.

Like A Dragon and Ichiban I just loved from the start - I'll be there for any future games they put out in this line.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, apsham said:

Like A Dragon has turned out to be one of my favourite, favourite games in a long time.

I've always enjoyed the Yakuza series but there's just something about the standard line of games that feels so repetitive, I just can never really put a ton of time into them at once - and in the end I kind of had enough of Kiryu's character after a couple of games.

Like A Dragon and Ichiban I just loved from the start - I'll be there for any future games they put out in this line.

I'm really hoping they put LaD on Gamepass in the not too distant future. 

So during the Blizzcon stream, Metallica's live concert got dubbed over with royalty-free music to avoid a DMCA strike.

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, OctoberRaven said:

So during the Blizzcon stream, Metallica's live concert got dubbed over with royalty-free music to avoid a DMCA strike.

it's worth clicking just to hear the music they paired with Metallica playing "With Whom the Bell Tolls" (and frankly you're spared hearing Lars Ulrich's drumming in that performance, so double bonus).

• Like 2