Carabao Cup 2021/22

Lineker

I would just like to say that shootout was so fucking poetic that I don't even care we lost. It may as well have been scripted.

My instinct is that Kepa is done. He had some good showings in January, and of course he's not a completely incompetent keeper. But you can't be brought on specifically for the shootout like this, save nothing and then be the only one to miss. Not when fucking champion of Europe/Africa/the World Mendy is the alternative. Barring obvious caveats of injury etc, I don't think Kepa will have another high profile outing in Chelsea kit.

3 hours ago, stokeriño said:

I would just like to say that shootout was so fucking poetic that I don't even care we lost. It may as well have been scripted.

My instinct is that Kepa is done. He had some good showings in January, and of course he's not a completely incompetent keeper. But you can't be brought on specifically for the shootout like this, save nothing and then be the only one to miss. Not when fucking champion of Europe/Africa/the World Mendy is the alternative. Barring obvious caveats of injury etc, I don't think Kepa will have another high profile outing in Chelsea kit.

Mendy had a cracking game as well. A lot of people's confidence in the crowd grew when they saw he was going off for the pen shootout

It was a scrappy cup final really, bit nervy, some stand out performers for both sides (thought Diaz was excellent for us and Rudigar kept Salah quiet for the vast majority of the game) 

But glad I can finally say I've seen us win a cup final in person, the only other final I went to also happened to be Chelsea in the FA Cup. Had a cracking day with some great lads and I'm so screwed tomorrow considering I didn't book it off work and all I've had today is breakfast from McDonald's, red bull, ale and a few Pepsi maxs

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Lineker said:

Ha, best of luck mate!!

Successfully begged and have managed to use Flexi and take the day off. Was so happy when I saw I've made enough hours

• Like 1