Carabao Cup 2023/24

Lineker

Allison is 31 and Kelleher is 25. Goalkeepers don't always age like wingers and midfielders in their early 30s, but I'd be hard-pressed as Liverpool to move on from him. He likely spends 24-25 on loan somewhere. But were I Liverpool, I'd be hard-pressed to just let a player like that leave.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Colly said:

The problem is there are shitloads of brilliant second choice keepers these days, all clubs want at least two good ones. We keep hearing talks of Ramsdale moving, but there's no top half Premier League team where he's guaranteed a start. Where does Kelleher go?

Celtic? Joe Hart is retiring.

That was probably Kelleher's best game, possibly ever, but certainly for a while. By a mile the best second choice I've known Liverpool to have (not saying much really, liverpool havent consistently had great first choice keepers in my life either).

He's massively been helped by getting a run in the team recently.

Although he is still very young for a keeper and he only converted to being a keeper fairly late in his development. I'd worry that if you took him out of the Liverpool environment he wouldn't be as good.

• Thanks 1

On 27/02/2024 at 14:00, Lineker said:

Celtic? Joe Hart is retiring.

The argument I have with this is if James Trafford goes for close to 20mil with no top flight experience, how much does a player with european/prem experience and has been clutch in several big games go for?

I really cannot see Celtic spending 20+mil on a keeper

• Like 1