Carabao Cup 2023/24

Lineker

Just now, stokeriño said:

Well then.

May quit anyway because the sound of the commentators orgasming over Liverpool may not stop until June.

I turned it off after Gary Neville's "blue billion pound bottle jobs" comment. Absolutely unnecessary stuff in a game where I'd already had to have the volume on low to avoid the ~3 hours of Liverpool love stories the broadcast has been.

Just now, Naitch said:

I turned it off after Gary Neville's "blue billion pound bottle jobs" comment. Absolutely unnecessary stuff in a game where I'd already had to have the volume on low to avoid the ~3 hours of Liverpool love stories the broadcast has been.

Carragher pointing out "footballs not all about money" shortly after a winner from one of the most expensive centre halfs in world football was pretty special.

That said even with Klopp's insufferableness (I am turning this off now) it's quite nice for a big defender getting the goal, similar to that screamer Kompany scored a few seasons back in the league. Proper leadership. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

There's definitely an argument that Chelsea have at least over spent.

They didn't handle extra time well at all though. That is the big thing.

I'm delighted that Liverpool managed to win with a heap of kids on the pitch. All of whom did really well. Danns only made his first team debut on Wednesday.

I don't care if people here don't like Klopp, don't like Liverpool, or any of the other condescending jabs I always hear. This was the stuff of legends. Played 7 current or former Academy players, finished with 3 teenagers on the pitch, our backup Keeper putting in a man of the match performance, and our captain scoring the game winning goal, in our manager's last season here. I absolutely love this club and am so happy we got this trophy ❤️❤️

• Like 3

Chelsea have absolutely overspent (and I'd suggest poorly) but it's not as if Liverpool are Luton. Weirdly Chelsea have also overspent on incredibly young players too, with Nkunku the senior pro at the end of the game, and that was probably the difference with Liverpool having the likes of Van Dijk, but also Endo and Diaz controlling the game.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Colly said:

Chelsea have absolutely overspent (and I'd suggest poorly) but it's not as if Liverpool are Luton. Weirdly Chelsea have also overspent on incredibly young players too, with Nkunku the senior pro at the end of the game, and that was probably the difference with Liverpool having the likes of Van Dijk, but also Endo and Diaz controlling the game.

Absolutely

11 minutes ago, Colly said:

Average age of Chelsea team at final whistle: 22.6

Average age of Liverpool team at final whistle: 24.1

Just silly commentary by Neville tbh.

23 minutes ago, FestiveJack said:

Just silly commentary by Neville tbh.

His job is partly to say things that will get clipped and make for discourse™️

• Like 1

Gravenbach and Endo both left Wembley on crutches and in a protective boot. Luis Diaz also looked to have injured his groin late on in extra time as well.

Wednesday FA Cup match going to have to be Academy Lads only at this rate!

Been a lovely day thank you...bar missing my train back to Liverpool by 2 mins because we were bottlenecked outside a tube station (that was fun) but least got an off-peak return. 

Thought Kelleher and the defenders in general were outstanding. Not sure why Virg's first didnt stand but least he got the winner and it wasn't another penalty shootout. 

Think I enjoyed that more than the last League Cup final. Felt quite nervous upon hearing Nunez and Salah weren't fit but they all stepped up especially the kids 

15 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

Been a lovely day thank you...bar missing my train back to Liverpool by 2 mins because we were bottlenecked outside a tube station (that was fun) but least got an off-peak return. 

Thought Kelleher and the defenders in general were outstanding. Not sure why Virg's first didnt stand but least he got the winner and it wasn't another penalty shootout. 

Think I enjoyed that more than the last League Cup final. Felt quite nervous upon hearing Nunez and Salah weren't fit but they all stepped up especially the kids 

The explanation given was that Endo influenced the play coming back from an offsides position. He was offsides when the ball was delivered, and then essentially stood in place which blocked off Colwill from marking Virg. It's one I could see going either way most times, but totally understand why it was ruled out.

Oh just wanna say as well

Staring at Poch's eyes for ten minutes before the game was mad 

cffa0afa-76e5-4ad2-8885-ce2ec963eb22.jpg

as was the half time entertainment being two people playing a game of FIFA. The games gone...

• Haha 7

The problem is there are shitloads of brilliant second choice keepers these days, all clubs want at least two good ones. We keep hearing talks of Ramsdale moving, but there's no top half Premier League team where he's guaranteed a start. Where does Kelleher go?