Carabao Cup 2022/23

Lineker

Kelleher was top quality during penalties last night, but the 5th shot was the best save. Dobbin's on loan from Everton, hits it hard to Kelleher's right. He makes the diving save with his opposite hand though to push it away. Was truly great to see! 

My girlfriend was so irrationally happy watching it because she loves penalty kicks and really loves Kelleher. She watched two of his League Cup shootouts last year, and REALLY loved him during the League Cup shootout. Helped a bit when she hated Kepa after I explained to her what he did in his last League Cup Final!

• Like 1

Kelleher is such a good number two to the point of I'm scared some club will realise how good of a keeper he is that they'll want him to be their number one

3 hours ago, Colly said:

Bruno not only put out a wholly unnecessary apology for the penalty on Twitter, he also looked like this on the post match photo.

I assume it’s the combination of the extravagance of the run up and looking like a Wally by missing it.

As the commentators said, you run up like that then you better score it. Nice to have someone that so clearly gives a damn though.

• Like 1

Haaland, Salah and some youth players. I'd watch it.

That being said, it's the league cup so it'd be weakened teams anyway, and not every team can make it to the semis of the World Cup, they might both be short a couple of Brazilians but not much more than that.

• 1 month later...

Are the cup matches not televised anymore?! Was looking to see what game's would be on. The only televised game is Manchester United V Burnley on Wednesday.  Sky Sports have picked that one up. 

When I checked the Blackburn Rovers app I think I can only listen to the audio of the game tomorrow with Nottingham Forest. Would have been interested in watching it if the app would have let me. I don't think Rovers will win. But Forest could be a little rusty and not put out a full strength squad.

9 hours ago, TheGrandKrampusvatar said:

I don't think Rovers will win. But Forest could be a little rusty and not put out a full strength squad.

I'd see it as a 50/50 game myself. At their worst, Forest have looked awful so far this season, and even at their best, they still look unconvincing in defence. On the other hand, they've had fewer players at the World Cup than most Premier League teams and have played a few friendlies over the last few weeks, so they might be reasonably well prepared.

• Like 1

Haaland makes it 1-0 from a De Bruyne cross. Joe Gomez fell asleep there should have done better.

Also 13 minutes before poverty chants. Surprised it took them that long 

Edit: Fabio Carvalho makes it 1-1 following a super Joel Matip run that takes out half the team 

• 3 weeks later...